Skip to main content

OOTD's, Promposals, and the likes

After all of the open boxes videos I have posted lately, I thought it might be time for something different, a little life update maybe? :)

This week has been absolutely crazy, but I feel like I might actually be beginning to get ahold of this whole non-procrastination thing!! Well, sort of... I have been keeping up with my AP English and Public Speaking homework really well, AP Environmental Science? Not so much... The other three classes I am taking this semester are Foods II and Art Appreciation.  Considering two are AP, two are Duel Enrollment college courses, and I'm taking 5 classes when I'm only supposed to be taking 4, I would say I'm doing alright!

But school isn't always boring, sometimes you get to play with the fake butts in the prop closet!

And sometimes you get to add sarcastic Spongebob timecards to insane amounts of busy work!

And when you get to drive to school looking at this :)

Also this week, I have had Church Camp Meeting all week, which is kind of like Revival, but all of the churches in three counties come together for the meeting It truly was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had, and I feel so blessed to have had to opportunity to attend all week.


So one night after Camp Meeting this week, Maze and I went out for ice cream.  When we came out of McDonalds to go home, he gave me these  :)
We are dating, so I assumed we would be going to prom together, but he insisted that he had to ask, so I let him!

I guess this means I should give you a sneak peek of my prom dress! :)

And this brings us to Saturday, when I went to tour the college which I will most likely end up attending! I spent the day at Appalachian touring the college of education, learning about their education program, and touring the college. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it!  Considering it is significantly cheaper than my other top choice, Gardner Webb (ever WITH Gardner Webb offering me multiple scholarships!), and it has a better education program... I will probably end up there! 

And this would be the OOTD I promised...
The sweater, as well as the high-low shirt under the sweater are from rue 21
The jeans are Jeggings from American Eagle
The boots are from Belk
The necklace is from Icing
The earrings were a present from Maze for Valentine's Day and I think they are from Dillard's!

After touring App, I stopped and met Maze, and we took his laptop on the Blue Ridge parkway to watch a movie. It was cute :) 

So, I apologize for the screwy way this post was all week, I wrote it Saturday morning before I left, but apparently it didn't save the full thing before it posted and I lost it all... Life is crazy right now with finals and college approaching, but I am doing my best to keep up the posts for you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...