Skip to main content

It's my Blogoversary!

Hi, my name is Bethany!  

I am an 18 year old freshman currently attending Mayland Community College.  While not at school, I work at a daycare as a teacher of the 5-12 year olds. 
I created this blog three years ago today in 2012.  At the time, I was a high school sophomore excited about going to the beach and in need of an outlet for projecting that.  That, my darlings, is how Summertime Sweety was born!  
Since then, the goals of this blog have slightly changed as I've matured.  Most of my posts now are focused around my life, including travel, as well as daily activities and special events.  I also enjoy posting about baking, makeup, subscription boxes, and hauls.  If you can't tell, it's a pretty eclectic mix, but, such is life!

If you are a returning visitor you will see that things have changed quite a bit over the past year.  Not long ago I completely revamped the look and layout of this blog, and within the last week I have changed a few minor things, and am still in the process of doing so.  I am currently taking an online blogging course in an effort to improve myself for you all!  So, my plan for the near future is to get out two posts to you all a week.  A makeup, cooking, planning, or packing post every Saturday, and lifestyle blog every Wednesday.  With all of the things currently on my plate, I'm not sure if this will be feasible, but I am going to give it my best effort, because I truly love writing and putting content out there for you all!

In closing, I would just like to thank any of you who have been there for me, and with me, through the past three years.  It hasn't always been a smooth and consistent journey, but seeing my original posts and the way they have changed, and improved make it worth it.  By no means do I plan to stop anytime soon, and I hope to see continued improvements  in my writing skills, passion, and quality of posts!

Thank you all, I love you, and Happy Blogoversary!

Let's connect!
Vine - www.vine.com 
And if you wouldn't mind to sign up with my referral links... 
Swagbucks - This is a site where you earn points to get rewards, and it really works! If you want an invite you can e-mail me (allenfamilyvacationplans@gmail.com ) or paste this referral link (swagbucks.com/refer/beachbabe15 ) in the box when you sign up!
Influenster - This is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts and they will send you products to review based on your interests: www.influenster.com/r/263573 
Groupon - A shopping website where everything is super cheap! https://www.groupon.com/visitor_referral/h/d386c409-a4af-4dd4-b2a5-d7536fd1aa5e

ipsy - A $10 monthly subscription service where you receive makeup tailored to your personal interests https://www.ipsy.com/new?refer=v6hzz 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...