Skip to main content

Asheville Wedding Festival

So, despite the fact that I am not getting married anytime soon, there was a wedding festival in Asheville, NC the other day, and guys... I just couldn't resist!
I heard about it first on Groupon, where I purchased a pack of tickets for my friend and I for $10!  Not a bad deal at all, and I don't regret it a bit, we had so much fun!

Upon entering the US Cellular Center in Asheville, I saw this table, and instantly fell in love!
This was the registration table, and we were handed forms.  I thought we would be ok to just go in and have fun, but... The forms were covered with questions about when we were engaged, when our wedding date was, how many people were coming to our wedding... so we decided to just play along!
I put my boyfriends name down, claimed we were engaged  in April, and that we are getting married on June 25th!
I know... I'm horrible, but it was so much fun just playing along!

So all of those stickers on the registration table?  If we are going to fill out the bride form, might as well wear the bride sticker!

This was the line of people waiting to get in...

This is my bride bag to hold all of the things they give you, my sticker, and my ticket!

Upon entering they stamped our had with these cute little lady bugs!

And then, we were in!  There was table upon table full of people just itching to sign us blushing brides up for door prizes and other fun things! 
This was the layout in the center of the room, it was made to look like a mock wedding!

And this was the front!

This was by far the cutest booth there
It was an old yellow truck, covered in bride and groom t-shirts!

A few of my other favorite booths were...
The man was the most personable person we spoke to the whole time!  There were multiple DJs there, but this one stood out because he had his light setup there with him, yet was by himself.  He stopped us as we were walking by, and though he was definitely selling something, he was very nice and entertaining!  He even recognized us later as we walked by!  I really enjoyed talking to him, and if I actually had something I could book him for I would! 

Dillard's was the first booth we walked by, and though it wasn't exactly my favorite, they gave me this really cute bag (which I will be using one day), and set me up with a complimentary bra fitting appointment! 

This was another adorable booth (Dogwood Designs Bakery) that made wedding cakes, and were giving out free samples!

I tried the almond vanilla (Eh...) and the pumpkin with cream cheese frosting (YUM!)
The cup contains the cake, the tart below it was actually from another booth!

Now, this came from a catering company of which I do not remember the name... but it was good!

I also had quite a bit of fun on the honeymoon booth...  When a woman walked up to me and asked where I was thinking about going for my honeymoon, I answered Disney!  I really didn't think she'd have anything for me, but she came back with a book on Florida, Disney, and a brochure on Disney Honeymoons!  I revisited this booth later and picked up a book on Hawaii, Australia, Sandals Resorts, and a Bride's Guide to honeymoons!

I found this booth (Stargazers Designs) very interesting, and really worth looking into when I actually do get married.  They do wedding dresses, tux rental, flowers, and wedding staffing!  I was very impressed to say the least.

Finally, there was a booth that had a photo booth! They had all of these props to hold and wear, and then printed out photo strips for us!

We arrived at 5 when it opened, and stayed there looking around and snacking until 6... when we got a little bored.  So we decided to go eat! Because of course, after eating a chocolate and berry tart, an apple pie shooter, two cake samples, and caprese, it's time to get some real food!
Instead of driving somewhere we decided to walk to a place in downtown Asheville.

It's called Farm Burger and literally has some of the best hamburgers of anywhere I've ever been!

I got the classic Farm Burger with grilled onions, cheese, and farm burger sauce...
It was amazing

And then we went back to the Wedding Festival where we went to two workshops...
One on how to avoid wedding day hair disasters.  It was ok, the woman was very snarky and sarcastic, which I usually enjoy, but it was almost to the point of being hateful... She covered everything from if you was your hair the day of the wedding, to where to wax! It was an interesting experience if nothing else

The second one we went to was on the benefits of hiring a wedding planner.  I liked this one a lot more!  Though I plan to be a teacher, I would love to be a wedding planner, and hearing about all that they do was something I found very interesting.

The final thing we did before we left was watch a fashion show!  I didn't have the best vantage point, or my good camera with me, so the pictures aren't amazing, but I tried!
This was by far my favorite dress, and as pretty as the front is...
The back is even better!

This was my favorite bridesmaid's dress...

And I thought I'd throw him in here just because he is gorgeous!

After the fashion show the festival ended, and that is when I came home and went through the copious amount of flyers I had been given...
And keep in mind, I pictured more above when I talked about my favorite booths, these are just the ones the I didn't really care about!

And then these are the actual cool and somewhat useful things I got from the festival!
A small haul going from left to right: 
  • The sticker with the lips goes with the photo strip and is from the photo booth
  • A thank you card with a strawberry on it
  • My Bride Sticker
  • A DermaBlue "Things to do" notepad and pen
  • An Asheville recycled cardboard pen
  • A cookie an coupon from a photography company, the only food that made it home!
  • And finally, a cute little box with chocolate and mints from a photography company


Overall, it was a super enjoyable experience!
I can't wait to actually be engaged and attend one of these one day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona