Skip to main content

A "Stay-cation"

Jut because you aren't jetting off to Hawaii to spend your Summer break, doesn't mean you have to mope around and feel sorry for yourself for two months! Here are a few ideas that you can try out to make you look and feel like you have been on a Summer getaway!

  • Visit your local museums:  Art, history, science, cars, sports, or whatever your intrest may be! I am partial to pirates personally... Every area of the country has its local attractions, some world class, others that are just fun.  Every area also has its architectural gems that are registered on the National Register of Historic places. Pretend you’re a tourist and go visit them!
  • Go to the beach or pool:  Over half of all Americans live near the coast (lucky ducks...) and an even larger percentage live near a lake or river. Are you like me and have no beach in any way shape or form? Go to the pool!
  • Go to a movie:  Yes, you could always rent a movie on Netflix or borrow one from the library and have an evening movie night at home.  But you can also go to one of the giant theaters and have an epic 3D experience! Don’t forget the popcorn :)
  • Go Tubing: I'm not sure if this is only a mountain thing or not, but one of the most fun things I did all through last Summer was Innertubing. You rent these huge heavy innertubes and ride down the river over the rapids, my little brother liked it :)
  • Go shopping:  Make the trek to the regional mega mall and spend the day seeing what’s new with a few of your besties. 
  • Work on that tennis game:  Most resorts emphasize tennis.  Why not at home?  Most major parks and high schools allow access to the tennis courts if you don’t have access to a club.  Tennis not your thing? Basketball, softball, flag football, frisbee, try a few and see what appeals to you.
  • Go to a Zoo or an Aquarium: I love watching the fish swim around in their tanks, or the otters scamper around and play. I know, I know, it seems kind of childish... But children usually have the most fun! Pretty awesome picture of a lion fish right?
  • See a show:  Of course major cities have theater, opera, dance, or the likes. But many smaller communities have either travelling versions or local playhouses that can be just as much fun. If you like what you see, you might even be able to try out to be in the next one!
  • Go on a picnic: I love going on a picnic during the Summer! Make some sandwiches or grab some takeout and head to your local park :)
  • Have a Slumber Party:  Go back to those times when you were a kid and just have a bunch of friends over for the heck of it! You will all have fun and (unless you have friends like mine ;) it will be a major stress reliever. Bonus? Make it an at home spa night! You could even use some of my Homemade Beauty Recipes.
  • Take a hike:  Walking is the best exercise, but it tends to bore the crap out of me... Find a park or a scenic area and plan a hike with some friends or family! This is a view from a hike I took this Summer, worth it right?
  • Take an exercise class:  I dont like exercising, but if you can find a class or something new that appeals to you it can be a lot or fun! Try yoga, pilates, zumba...
  • Visit a Local Theme Park: Most cities have a theme park or water park relatively close, google it and see what you can find!
  • See a ball game:  Basketball just ended, but baseball is just getting fired up! The country is dotted with major and minor league baseball teams check one out, have a hotdog, and relax. You could even stay closer to home and catch a local high school game if that's more your style. But me personally? I say Go Heels!!!
  • Host a potluck or barbecue:  Have the extended family over, grab some friends, or host a block party. Ask everyone to bring something and share.
  • Play golf:  Even if you’re not an avid golfer, this is the perfect time to try it.  Go to the club or take a couple lessons at the municipal course.  Or (even better) head to a miniature golf course and battle with windmills! :)

See? Not every fun thing has to be on a vacation, you can have fun close to home too :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)