- You could try filling glass lamps filled with seashells
- If you you are going for a surfer vibe, hang brightly colored paper lanterns along the ceiling.
- For a more whimsical touch, use strings of lights in the shape of palm trees or Flip-Flops. Maybe frame the headboard of your bed with them and use it as a reading light at night!
- One way to use seashells when decorating is to cover the border of picture frames or mirrors with them. Find shells of various colors and sizes and glue them on the frame or mirror using a glue gun. You could also do the same to a plain plant pot or pencil cup.
- If you have collected shells on previous trips, display them in glass jars. If they aren't full yet, don't worry, you can add new shells each time you go to the beach!
- Shadow boxes are another way to display shells you have found or purchased on your travels. Hang the finished box on the wall, and... you're done!
- I think my favorite way to display seashells is just to sit them around my room! On my bookshelves, desk, nightstand, and makeup table, it adds an instant beachy feel :)
- Hang a collection of frames on one wall that you bought on your vacation or made using the project above, and fill with photos you have taken on your trip!
- Enlarge and frame pictures from a family beach vacation.
- Another option is to buy a small canvas, and paint it the color of your choice, I suggest pastel colors. Then glue a star fish, sand dollar, sea biscuit, or scalloped shell in the center of it for an instant piece of minimalist art.
- Try hanging a net in the corner filled with shells and/or a fake anchor
- Hang a flip flop-shaped bulletin board on the wall to display pictures or other mementos from your trip.
- Buy tropical plants, ferns, or small palm trees and set them around the room to make it feel more tropical.
- Find small Lighthouses that you can sit on you nightstand or bookshelves
- Create a useful and decorative item for a child's room by attaching a large sea biscuit or sand dollar to a plain plastic night light clip with epoxy glue; the light accentuates the markings on the shell and casts the shapes about the room.
- Give your room a signature scent you absolutely love! Perhaps it’s a candle, maybe it’s a spritz of perfume, or even bowl of potpourri! Try one that reminds you of summer, maybe one that smells faintly like your favorit sunscreen, or something tropical like coconut or citrus