Skip to main content

My Top Ten Essential Oils

So, I finally bit the bullet and became one of the crazy essential oil people... Yeah, it's bad.  I have too many and have spent too much money on them.  But in all I have bought and blended and diffused and applied, there have been some that stood out above the others.  Today I have made my top ten list of essential oils, five being the single oils, and five being purchased blends.  I am not loyal to any one brand, though there are a few that stand out in my collection as the most purchased; I simply do my research and buy what is avalible at that time.


My Top Five Single Essential Oils


Tea Tree
This has been a long time favorite.  Before the oil craze ever hit, I was using this one daily.  I make my own toner, a mixture of apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, and essential oils, and this has been a staple in it for well over five years.  It keeps acne at bay and treats the spots that are already there.  It is also good for sinus congestion when diffused, applied, or dropped in a bath.  (It can also help cure yeast infections, but you didn't hear that from me. I'm not your doctor, so do your research and ask them!)

Peppermint
This is probably the essential oil I believe works above all others.  It can do so many things, and it smells amazing.  Almost every roller ball blend I make myself calls for peppermint in it, so this is by far the one I have went through the most bottles of.  It can be diffused, applied, consumed, or used in a bath, and can be used for headaches, congestion, nausea, and the list goes on.

Eucalyptus
This, along with the tea tree, was in the first pack of oils I ever bought.  It has had a place in my heart ever since!  It goes in my toner I mentioned above, as well as in a headache and congestion blend I carry in my pocket every day!

Grapefruit
This one is a relatively new discovery for me, but since I found it I have been through two bottles!  This is nice and uplifting and energizing in a diffuser, but I mainly use it in my tea every morning!  I add a couple drops, and though it is supposed to be an appetite suppressant, I have noticed very little difference there.  I mostly just like the way it tastes! (You have to make sure you buy food grade though.)

Rosemary
Full disclosure, this one does not smell good.  The main way I choose to use this oil is in combination with others so I can still receive the benefits, but without the smell.  It is amazing for muscle pain, therefore it has made its way into both my PMS and Hangover essential oil blends.  It is also great just dropped straight into a bath to relieve full body muscle pain and soreness!  

My Top Five Essential Oil Blends


Thieves by Young Living
I know there is no surprise that this is on my list, it is on everyone's favorite's list!  Thieves is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary, and it smells like Christmas!.  (Funny how it has two of my favorites from above!)  The purpose of this blend is to disinfect and promote immunity.  I roll it up my spine and on the bottom of my feet every day to boost my immune system because I am a new teacher and schools are basically petri dishes.  I will also occasionally put a drop in my tea if I am getting sick (or everyone around me is).  It is amazing in a diffuser, and every surface the mist lands on will be disinfected because of the antibacterial properties of cinnamon and lemon.  I also made a disinfectant spray and car upholstery cleaner with it!  It has a million uses, and I have tried about all of them!  Young Living makes the official "Thieves" blend, but you can get very similar blends a lot cheaper from brands like Davina (Body Armor) or Airomé (Guard Against), or you can make your own!  I have the others, but personally, I have to say I am sticking to Young Living on this one.

Chill Pill by Aura Cacia
This is a blend of orange, peppermint basil, lavender, patchouli and chamomile, and it is one of my favorite stress relief blends.  I carry this roller ball with me daily, and I diffuse it every time I am feeling upset or anxious.  It very well could just be a mind thing and it doesn't do anything to actually help, but as long as it makes me feel better, what's the harm?

Stress Away by Young Living (OR Loosen Up by Davina)
Stress Away is a blend of Balsam copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, and Ocotea oils.  I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what about half of those are, but somehow they blend together into one of the BEST scent combinations!  This one is best diffused, and has similar effects to Chill Pill mentioned above..  Also, if you are looking for a little cheaper alternative, Davina has one called Loosen Up that is almost exactly the same!

DiGize by Young Living
This is one of the first original blends my mom and I ever bought, thereby taking the dive into this crazy community.  DiGize is a blend of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli, and let me just tell you, it smells AWFUL!  I'm used to it by now, but my mom still finds it nearly unbearable.  To use this oil I blend it with a bit of peppermint (to alleviate the smell) in a carrier oil and roll onto my stomach any time I have a stomach ache.  It actually really works!  And now because it works, I associate the smell with feeling better, so it has became more tolerable!

Liquid Sunshine by Davina
My final favorite blend is Liquid Sunshine by Davina.  This is a blend of Orange, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Red Mandarin, Tangerine, Lime, Vanilla.  So basically every kind of citrus imaginable, and vanilla, so obviously it smells like a Creamsicle!  This is supposed to have uplifting properties, but I honestly just love to diffuse it for the smell!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!