Skip to main content

My Top Ten Essential Oils

So, I finally bit the bullet and became one of the crazy essential oil people... Yeah, it's bad.  I have too many and have spent too much money on them.  But in all I have bought and blended and diffused and applied, there have been some that stood out above the others.  Today I have made my top ten list of essential oils, five being the single oils, and five being purchased blends.  I am not loyal to any one brand, though there are a few that stand out in my collection as the most purchased; I simply do my research and buy what is avalible at that time.


My Top Five Single Essential Oils


Tea Tree
This has been a long time favorite.  Before the oil craze ever hit, I was using this one daily.  I make my own toner, a mixture of apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, and essential oils, and this has been a staple in it for well over five years.  It keeps acne at bay and treats the spots that are already there.  It is also good for sinus congestion when diffused, applied, or dropped in a bath.  (It can also help cure yeast infections, but you didn't hear that from me. I'm not your doctor, so do your research and ask them!)

Peppermint
This is probably the essential oil I believe works above all others.  It can do so many things, and it smells amazing.  Almost every roller ball blend I make myself calls for peppermint in it, so this is by far the one I have went through the most bottles of.  It can be diffused, applied, consumed, or used in a bath, and can be used for headaches, congestion, nausea, and the list goes on.

Eucalyptus
This, along with the tea tree, was in the first pack of oils I ever bought.  It has had a place in my heart ever since!  It goes in my toner I mentioned above, as well as in a headache and congestion blend I carry in my pocket every day!

Grapefruit
This one is a relatively new discovery for me, but since I found it I have been through two bottles!  This is nice and uplifting and energizing in a diffuser, but I mainly use it in my tea every morning!  I add a couple drops, and though it is supposed to be an appetite suppressant, I have noticed very little difference there.  I mostly just like the way it tastes! (You have to make sure you buy food grade though.)

Rosemary
Full disclosure, this one does not smell good.  The main way I choose to use this oil is in combination with others so I can still receive the benefits, but without the smell.  It is amazing for muscle pain, therefore it has made its way into both my PMS and Hangover essential oil blends.  It is also great just dropped straight into a bath to relieve full body muscle pain and soreness!  

My Top Five Essential Oil Blends


Thieves by Young Living
I know there is no surprise that this is on my list, it is on everyone's favorite's list!  Thieves is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary, and it smells like Christmas!.  (Funny how it has two of my favorites from above!)  The purpose of this blend is to disinfect and promote immunity.  I roll it up my spine and on the bottom of my feet every day to boost my immune system because I am a new teacher and schools are basically petri dishes.  I will also occasionally put a drop in my tea if I am getting sick (or everyone around me is).  It is amazing in a diffuser, and every surface the mist lands on will be disinfected because of the antibacterial properties of cinnamon and lemon.  I also made a disinfectant spray and car upholstery cleaner with it!  It has a million uses, and I have tried about all of them!  Young Living makes the official "Thieves" blend, but you can get very similar blends a lot cheaper from brands like Davina (Body Armor) or Airomé (Guard Against), or you can make your own!  I have the others, but personally, I have to say I am sticking to Young Living on this one.

Chill Pill by Aura Cacia
This is a blend of orange, peppermint basil, lavender, patchouli and chamomile, and it is one of my favorite stress relief blends.  I carry this roller ball with me daily, and I diffuse it every time I am feeling upset or anxious.  It very well could just be a mind thing and it doesn't do anything to actually help, but as long as it makes me feel better, what's the harm?

Stress Away by Young Living (OR Loosen Up by Davina)
Stress Away is a blend of Balsam copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, and Ocotea oils.  I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what about half of those are, but somehow they blend together into one of the BEST scent combinations!  This one is best diffused, and has similar effects to Chill Pill mentioned above..  Also, if you are looking for a little cheaper alternative, Davina has one called Loosen Up that is almost exactly the same!

DiGize by Young Living
This is one of the first original blends my mom and I ever bought, thereby taking the dive into this crazy community.  DiGize is a blend of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli, and let me just tell you, it smells AWFUL!  I'm used to it by now, but my mom still finds it nearly unbearable.  To use this oil I blend it with a bit of peppermint (to alleviate the smell) in a carrier oil and roll onto my stomach any time I have a stomach ache.  It actually really works!  And now because it works, I associate the smell with feeling better, so it has became more tolerable!

Liquid Sunshine by Davina
My final favorite blend is Liquid Sunshine by Davina.  This is a blend of Orange, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Red Mandarin, Tangerine, Lime, Vanilla.  So basically every kind of citrus imaginable, and vanilla, so obviously it smells like a Creamsicle!  This is supposed to have uplifting properties, but I honestly just love to diffuse it for the smell!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...