Skip to main content

Second Year Empties: Hair

Shampoo and Conditioner

These are the Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.  I bought this set, along with the mousse and dry shampoo in the same line to start me out last year.  I liked them decently, but they weren't my favorite.  They had an odd smell and were a bit drying.  They weren't the worst, but I wouldn't repurchase.

These are the rest of the conditioners I finished this year!  I use a lot of conditioner...

This is Aussie Mega Moist conditioner, and this is the type of conditioner I need!  It was thick and very moisturizing, and exactly what my long hair needs when it is being dried out by "city water," since I am used to mountain water with no chemicals.  I would repurchase this.

In this middle is the Bath and Body Works Volumizing Conditioner in the scent Warm Vanilla Sugar.  I have had this so long that I'm not even sure Bath and Body Works sells shampoo and conditioner anymore!  I'm not that disappointed though, because this wasn't the greatest.  It smelled awesome and made my hair smell good, but it was too watery of a conditioner for me.

On the right is a sample size of the Pantene Repair and Protect Conditioner.  I'm pretty sure I got this in a subscription box, and I took it with me to finish it off on a trip this summer!  It was pretty good, I always tend to lean towards Pantene products.

These are the Bath and Body Works White Citrus shampoo and conditioner.  Pretty sure I took these from a hotel, and I mostly wanted to show them just because I thought they were cute!  They only lasted like two uses each, but smelled nice!

This is the Tresemme Moisture Rich shampoo and conditioner set.  These are actually really nice sizes as far a "samples" go!  They worked nice, and lasted quite a while!  I would (and might actually have) repurchase these.

And these are all of the shampoos I've used... See how unproportionate the use of shampoo to conditioner that is?

First is the Suave Biotin shampoo.  Suave isn't a brand a but all too often, but I'm not opposed to it.  This was a strengthening shampoo, and I guess it worked fairly well, I'm not sure how to test something like that!  I would definitely consider this and the brand as a whole when buying in the future.

Second it the OGX Coconut Milk sample size shampoo.  It smelled sooooo good.  I would buy the full size of this in a heartbeat.  It created a really good lather, and the coconut smell was fun to have while on vacation.

These are some of the samples I used up recently...

First on the left is the Garnier Fructis Fall Fight shampoo and conditioner.  I really like the concept of this line and plan to buy it in the future.  I lose hair like crazy and I wonder if this would help!

In the middle is the Tresseme Beauty-Full Volume conditioner and shampoo.  If you haven't heard of this line, you use conditioner first and then the shampoo to create more volume.  I actually have full sizes of this line, and I like it pretty good, but I can't use it consistently because it is very drying.  It comes through with the volume though!

Finally on the right it the L'oreal Total Repair Five shampoo and conditioner.  This is a VERY thick and moisturizing set.  If you really have color damaged and fried hair then this might be a good choice for you to work on getting it back to normal. 

Deep Conditioner

These are the deep conditioners I have used up recently.  This isn't a product I use daily, or even weekly, but when I want it I'm always glad to have a couple of these within reach.

The product on the left is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Strong.  I have had this FOREVER... It lated so long.  Which is good I guess!  But I was ready to move on to a new product.  My hair always felt super soft after use.  I haven't repurchased it yet because I want to use up some other things and try some new stuff, but I would totally go back to this in the future.

On the right is the Eve-NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask.  This came in an Ipsy bag a while back, and I really enjoyed it.  It was very thick and moisturizing, and it smelled like vanilla.  Even though it was a small bottle, it lasted a while!  I have already looked into repurchasing this one.

These were all the sample deep conditioners I got, and they are actually all by L'oreal!  They must really be working hard on promoting some new products.  I finished up the Total Repair 5, Color Vibrancy, and Total Repair Extreme varieties.  They all did basically the same thing, and all had a very thick and moisturizing consistency.  I was able to get a few uses out of each packet, which is good!

Hair Styling Products

First offI have dry shampoo! (And things I use like dry shampoo...)

So as you can see, I have two bottles of the Batiste Dry Shampoo, one in the Floral Essence scent, and one in Wild.  This is by far my favorite dry shampoo on the market and I use it just about daily. (Which I'm learning isn't great for your scalp, heads up!)  I generally buy mine at either Target or TJ-Maxx, and it will last me a while.  I have tried both the brunette and blonde color varieties, as well as most scents, and I don't really think it makes a difference, so I just get a new kind every time!

So I know it might knd of be weird to include Baby Powder here, but I use it to supplement dry shampoo.  I fell like if your hair is just having a really greasy day that baby powder soaks up more oil, and then the dry shampoo adds volume and freshens it up.  I have lighter colored hair, so it doesn't really leave a white cast on mine.  Together I feel like they are a powerhouse combo and have gotten my hair through many rough days!

First on the left is the Suave Kids Detangler.  I use this stuff religiously when I get out of the shower, and I really feel like it makes a difference.  It helps my comb slide through wet hair more easily without jerking out any of the knots.  It is like a couple dollars and I highly reccomend/have already repurchased two new bottles.

On the right is a product I can not say enough bad things about... I decided to give this Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Spray a shot and it FRIED the area of my hair which I used it on.  Like, it was such a dry frizzy mess it finally had to be cut out.  Please, please, please never buy this.

I use mousse in my hair to scrunch it just about every day.  It adds just enough volume and hold, and is a super easy hairstyle to accomplish.

First on the left is the Aussie Sprunch mousses.  To tell the truth I wasn't crazy about this one.  I finished it, but it just wasn't the best.  It didn't have a strong enough hold for me.  I probably won't repurchase, but I would be willing to try some of their higher hold mousses.

In the middle is the OGX Argon Oil of Morocco Volumizing Mousse.  This is actually probably one of my favorite mousses I have ever tried!  It had a really nice hold without making my hair feel crunchy, and gave my hair a wilder kind of volume that I haven't gotten from a lot of other products.  I haven't repurchased this yet because I have a few other products in my collection I need to get through, but I am totally going to keep this in mind for the future!

On the right is the Matrix Volume Builder mousse.  I got this in one of the gift sets of trial sized products that Ulta does around the Holidays every year.  It actually lasted my a good while!  It held my waves really well but didn't leave it too stiff.  As far as trial sizes go this is also pretty large!  I would look into buying a full size of this.

Wow... Think I used enough Sea Salt Sprays in the last year??  Apparently this is a product that I have loved more than I even recognized!

The first small bottle on the left is the Octavio La Playa Salt Spray.  It came from an Ipsy bag, and is probably one of the better products I've gotten from them!  It has a really nice scent and good hold (though not as good as mousse).  I probably wouldn't repurchase this just because it is a bit expensive for what it is, but I reccomend it.

Second is the Tresemme Perfectly Undone Sea Salt Spray.  I'm pretty sure this is one of the original drugstore sprays, and I've been working on using it up forever.  It isn't the best, and doesn't really have the feel most salt sprays do, but it wasn't the worst either.  Overall I probably wouldn't repurchase.

In the middle is the Malibu Surf Waves Hair Mist by Bath and Body Works.  I think this product has been off the market for a while actually.  It honestly smelled amazing, and that is why I used it the better part of the time.  The hold wasn't that great and gave my hair kind of a weird texture in retrospect.  But that smell though!

Second from the right is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray.  This is also one of those OG products with the cool spray bottle.  I liked it pretty good, but sadly I left my bottle laying on its side and it all leaked out... It is interesting to note though that when I found it the bottle was not in a sticky puddle, but a pile of salt!  I wish it would have made it into my hair, but it was kind of cool to know it really was a true salt spray!

Finally on the right is the AG Sea Spray.  I also got this in one of the Ulta gift sets.  This had a pretty nice hold as well, but I wasn't crazy about the smell.  It was like a combination of floral and hairspray chemical-y smell.  When I used it a couple of people mentioned that they loved it, but I wasn't about it.  It is also a little pricy, so those two things combined I probably won't repurchase.

I never buy full sized hairsprays because I don't use them all that often.  I rely on them being supplied by subscription boxes and my mother when she finds one she doesn't really like!

First on the left is a Pantene hairspray.  It had a nice hold, and smelled like all the other sprays do... I'm not good at reviewing hairspray, they are not my thing!

In the middle is the Freeze It Hairspray, which is the kind my mom swears by!  It has a hold like none you have ever seen before.  It will leave your hair as crunchy as cement if you want it to!  So I guess thats a perk it that is what you are looking for!

On the right is the Aussis Mega Hairspray.  Same goes for it as the Pantene. It did it's job, I would probably buy it again if I needed to, but inherently it is just hairspray!


And that is all the hair products I used in my second year in college!  Too many... way too many.  But hey, not I can cart all these bottles off to recycling!  Stay tuned for part two of this post on Saturday with makeup and body products!  Have a good day lovelies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona