Skip to main content

Glossybox: August (A Cautionary Tale)



So let's talk about Glossybox...  Originally I subscribed when they had a special, three months for $30.  I thought it would be a cheaper way to try something new and see how I liked it, and maybe spice up my content.  I was sadly disappointed.  I wouldn't reccomend Glossybox to anybody.  My subscription was supposed to start in July, but that box never came.  I contacted them about it, and it took a month to get a reply simply saying they would look into it and get back to me the next day.  I waited another week before emailing them again, and at this point I was very upset.  After demanding a reply, explanation, and my box which I had paid for, lo and behold I finally received a tracking number, as well as 100 very useless "Glossydots."  
I began to understand that this is not an individual problem and there were many people who didn't receive their boxes and were not getting a reply from their customer service department.  Yet they didn't seem to care.
After finally receiving the tracking number I decided to cancel.  I didn't want to cancel before because I felt I should wait until they sent me what I had paid for.  Come to find out you have to cancel before the 14th of the month to get out of being charged again.  And they don't just charge you for another month, they are trying to charge me for another three month subscription.  That is $60 they are trying to take out of my account for something I did not order.


I don't like posting negative things like this, but this needs to be said.  I am extremely disappointed in every aspect of this company.  Truly, it was pathetic.

I'll give you all a cursory glance at what I received, but I will never be posting about them again.

I recieved this Doucce Freemantic Bluch that is not actually in a compact and has a magnetic back.  The information card alluded that is was to go with something in my July box, but I never received that.  I have also never heard of this brand.

This is the Pixi Brow Tamer.  I don't use brow products and Pixi isn't a a high end brand, it is super easy to find at any Target.  I wasn't impressed.

This is the Lancome Monssieur Big Mascara.  This was the only thing from the box I was excited about.  I love mascara and Lancome, so at least they got one thing right.

This is the Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk and Cherry Blossom foaming shower gel.  I liked the concept, but it didn't smell the best.  This is also an insanely obscure brand.

This is the Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter.  This doesn't smell great and it is a tiny size, but I guess it's a pretty good brand.


If I had actually paid full price for this box, I would be pissed.  As it is I'm pretty mad.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be more careful when I order from now on, so I hope you all learn from my mistakes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona