Skip to main content

Glossybox: August (A Cautionary Tale)



So let's talk about Glossybox...  Originally I subscribed when they had a special, three months for $30.  I thought it would be a cheaper way to try something new and see how I liked it, and maybe spice up my content.  I was sadly disappointed.  I wouldn't reccomend Glossybox to anybody.  My subscription was supposed to start in July, but that box never came.  I contacted them about it, and it took a month to get a reply simply saying they would look into it and get back to me the next day.  I waited another week before emailing them again, and at this point I was very upset.  After demanding a reply, explanation, and my box which I had paid for, lo and behold I finally received a tracking number, as well as 100 very useless "Glossydots."  
I began to understand that this is not an individual problem and there were many people who didn't receive their boxes and were not getting a reply from their customer service department.  Yet they didn't seem to care.
After finally receiving the tracking number I decided to cancel.  I didn't want to cancel before because I felt I should wait until they sent me what I had paid for.  Come to find out you have to cancel before the 14th of the month to get out of being charged again.  And they don't just charge you for another month, they are trying to charge me for another three month subscription.  That is $60 they are trying to take out of my account for something I did not order.


I don't like posting negative things like this, but this needs to be said.  I am extremely disappointed in every aspect of this company.  Truly, it was pathetic.

I'll give you all a cursory glance at what I received, but I will never be posting about them again.

I recieved this Doucce Freemantic Bluch that is not actually in a compact and has a magnetic back.  The information card alluded that is was to go with something in my July box, but I never received that.  I have also never heard of this brand.

This is the Pixi Brow Tamer.  I don't use brow products and Pixi isn't a a high end brand, it is super easy to find at any Target.  I wasn't impressed.

This is the Lancome Monssieur Big Mascara.  This was the only thing from the box I was excited about.  I love mascara and Lancome, so at least they got one thing right.

This is the Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk and Cherry Blossom foaming shower gel.  I liked the concept, but it didn't smell the best.  This is also an insanely obscure brand.

This is the Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter.  This doesn't smell great and it is a tiny size, but I guess it's a pretty good brand.


If I had actually paid full price for this box, I would be pissed.  As it is I'm pretty mad.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be more careful when I order from now on, so I hope you all learn from my mistakes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...

January Nibblr Subscription Box

So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Nibblr box from the Pillsbury company! Upon opening my box, I found a tray of four, healthy, portion controlled snacks. Each month they send you four snacks at random, until you begin to personalize your account.  You can personalize your account by selecting "Love it, Like it, Interested, or No Thanks".  All snacks begin marked "Interested", and after trying them you may mark them otherwise.  They will then try to send snacks marked "Love it" and "Like it" more often, and avoid sending the ones marked "No Thanks". The first snack on my try was "PB Graham" It is described as "peanuts, peanut wafers, and graham cookies snack mix", and falls into the "Feel Good Sweets" category. Just a note, Nibblr CAN NOT cater to food allergies, and from wha...