Skip to main content

Be Mine: A Variable Valentine's Day Date Idea

Have you ever heard of a Progressive Dinner? Well, neither had I before the other day when I realized I had to plan my boyfriend's birthday date! But, this can easily be for Valentine's day instead!

So I will just give you a play by play of my day...

I picked Maze up around two, and we drove to Boone, NC.  It is about an hour away from where we live, and is the home of Appalachian State University! It is a small town, but had just the amount of things we needed for this date.  On the way there, I gave him his first present, and this card...
He ended up choosing Appleebee's, and we went and totally confused our Waiter by only ordering Chips and Queso and nothing else!

After we finished, I thought we might need a break between courses, so I gave him his second present, and this card...

We were going to play putt putt, but apparently even if it is 60 degrees out putt putt is still closed in the winter! So instead we went to the movies.  When we got there we started checking out what they had, and American Sniper had just started! But, he had already seen it and didn't want to watch it again... :( So, being the amazing girlfriend I am, he chose the new Spongebob movie, and I took him -_-

After the Spongebob movie (we were the oldest ones in the theatre without kids...), I started driving towards Blowing Rock, which is the cutest little town near Boone, and I gave him the next present and card...
Woodlands is a BBQ and Mexican restaurant... odd combination, but it was pretty good! It was totally not a date and dressed-up kind of restaurant, which is why he praised me endlessly for taking him there!  We didn't make it to playing in the park and walking around town like I had hoped, but it was freezing! Instead, we took a drive around town.

Finally, it was time for dessert.  I gave him a box with all of the supplies we needed, his final present, and this card...
I brought a candle, matches, a skewer, and s'more ingredients, and we made s'mores in the car, sitting at an overlook on the parkway :) It was really sweet, and we had lot's of fun!

This date is totally and completely adaptable to whatever your needs might be.  If you are wanting to do it cheaper, hit up all of your favorite fast food restaurants, and instead of a movie, go to the park! Want to do it more expensive?  Make it a twelve course meal instead!  
It might have seemed kind of odd to leave so early, but I didn't get back to my house until almost midnight, so it is a good idea.

If you need some outfit ideas, a "Kissable Lip Routine" or an idea of something to do with your friends in protest of the commercial holiday (my friends are going "Snipe Hunting" ;), check out my Be Mine tag here, ad have fun!

The Valentine's giveaway is still open until midnight tonight, and the winner will be announced next week! 
Good luck, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Ideas!

Hey Bloggy Babies! What are you up to today? I am cleaning and getting ready to go to my boyfriends house this evening! :) Now if you are like me you still have no idea what to wear or what kind of makeup you want to do or anything! ahhhhh! :-/ So here are a few ideas from some of my favorite Youtube-ers Wach, Like, Subscribe, Enjoy! Makeup Ideas: Sparkly Makeup -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJLGZSmz_r4 Bold Lips -  http://www.youtube.com/sweetbeautyx Outfit Ideas: http://www.youtube.com/meghanrosette http://www.youtube.com/Rubenesquex3 http://www.youtube.com/Makeupbypaigexo Party Outfits -  http://www.youtube.com/BeautyLiciousInsider Makeup AND Outfit: http://www.youtube.com/MakeupByTiffanyD Flirty Outfits and Glittery Eyes -  http://www.youtube.com/StilaBabe09 http://www.youtube.com/InLOVEwithGlamour Nails: Black and White -  http://www.youtube.com/sugarplumjerri White and Gold -  http://www.youtube.com/MissMeghanMakeup Makeup AN

2018 Recap Part One (January-July)

So I took a year off!  2018 was a crazy year, and a lot has happened, so I thought it might be fun to do a recap of all of the fun, unexpected, and just crazy things that happened in 2018! January I started the year off by having coffee and lunch with my favorite girl at my favorite coffee shop! (She is also the photographer of the picture shown above.) The majority of the rest of January was spent trying to figure out my life... I made some big changes relationship wise by ending an almost five year relationship I was reluctant to let go of, but it ended up being a wonderful decision that has allowed me to grow in so many ways since.  Sometimes life has growing pains. Oh, I also turned 21 the month before, so there were a lot of other (now legal) activities going on in my life to help the healing process! February And in February a wonderful new man came into my life!  He was my roommate's best friend, so he had been around a lot, but suddenly I was a