Skip to main content

Love With Food: May

This is the May Love With Food box, and it was really cute!  It had a nice variety, and some very cool different things that I wouldn't normally have bought myself, but I plan to look for again!

The flavor of this Kutoa Peanut Butter and Jelly bar was pretty good, but the texture really threw me off...  It had a very soft texture, and I like my bars like this to have a little crunch.  That soft texture in addition to the subtle flavor just wasn't a great combination.

These Smarty Pants Women's Vitamin Gummies were a "bonus" this month and not technically counted as one of the food items, which I thought was cool!  There were enough in there for a few days worth of doses, and even though they weren't my favorite gummy vitamins ever, they were pretty good!

Trail Mix isn't really my thing because I tend to pick out what I want and leave the rest... But this Emily's trail mix wasn't bad, it just isn't my favorite

I don't really like jelly beans because they tend to have very artificial tastes that remind me of medicine, but the Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans weren't too bad! I gave them to my little brother and just ate a couple, but they had a pretty good flavor and we both approved!

A sucker! I never just get suckers anymore, it's such a childhood thing.  This Glee Gum lollipop was a cute thing to include, but I don't really feel like this is a "snack" worth counting.

These Biena Chickpeas were so good!  I'm not a huge fan of nuts, so I thought these might be ok, but I didn't expect to like them nearly as much as I did.  The only ingredients were chickpeas, sunflower oil, and sea salt, so they can't be that bad either!  They had a nice crunch and the salt wasn't overpowering, I'd definitely look for them again.

I was super excited for the Smooze Fruit Ice, even though I'm not a huge coconut fan.  Because I'm not a huge coconut fan, this was a little odd to me.  The flavor wasn't bad, just not what I'd normally choose.  My main problem with this was that I couldn't get it to squeeze out of the paper!!


This Skinny Pop Chocolate Pop Corn was SO good!! Like, I wasn't expecting that at all!  It had just enough chocolate flavor to get a sweet fix, and was that perfect balance between sweet and salty.  I would buy this everyday.







This Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle was tied for my favorite thing in this box!  It was sooo chocolatey and yummy, like super crunchy cookies.  They were small and there weren't a ton of pieces, so it keeps you in check, while still giving you a wonderful chocolate snack.


The box this month also came with this cute little sample of the Simple Micellar Water!  I think that is such a cool idea to include a little beauty sample with the food, I love it!

And then aaaaall of these coupons and papers which I intend to use, but never do...

So out of this box I really like four, and could take or leave five, and didn't dislike any!  Those odds aren't too bad, especially considering I REALLY liked those four! 
I had originally purchased a discounted three month subscription, and this was supposed to be my last box, but they sent me an email for one at half price and I got roped in... So expect to see a June Love With Food box soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...

January Nibblr Subscription Box

So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Nibblr box from the Pillsbury company! Upon opening my box, I found a tray of four, healthy, portion controlled snacks. Each month they send you four snacks at random, until you begin to personalize your account.  You can personalize your account by selecting "Love it, Like it, Interested, or No Thanks".  All snacks begin marked "Interested", and after trying them you may mark them otherwise.  They will then try to send snacks marked "Love it" and "Like it" more often, and avoid sending the ones marked "No Thanks". The first snack on my try was "PB Graham" It is described as "peanuts, peanut wafers, and graham cookies snack mix", and falls into the "Feel Good Sweets" category. Just a note, Nibblr CAN NOT cater to food allergies, and from wha...