Skip to main content

Love With Food: May

This is the May Love With Food box, and it was really cute!  It had a nice variety, and some very cool different things that I wouldn't normally have bought myself, but I plan to look for again!

The flavor of this Kutoa Peanut Butter and Jelly bar was pretty good, but the texture really threw me off...  It had a very soft texture, and I like my bars like this to have a little crunch.  That soft texture in addition to the subtle flavor just wasn't a great combination.

These Smarty Pants Women's Vitamin Gummies were a "bonus" this month and not technically counted as one of the food items, which I thought was cool!  There were enough in there for a few days worth of doses, and even though they weren't my favorite gummy vitamins ever, they were pretty good!

Trail Mix isn't really my thing because I tend to pick out what I want and leave the rest... But this Emily's trail mix wasn't bad, it just isn't my favorite

I don't really like jelly beans because they tend to have very artificial tastes that remind me of medicine, but the Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans weren't too bad! I gave them to my little brother and just ate a couple, but they had a pretty good flavor and we both approved!

A sucker! I never just get suckers anymore, it's such a childhood thing.  This Glee Gum lollipop was a cute thing to include, but I don't really feel like this is a "snack" worth counting.

These Biena Chickpeas were so good!  I'm not a huge fan of nuts, so I thought these might be ok, but I didn't expect to like them nearly as much as I did.  The only ingredients were chickpeas, sunflower oil, and sea salt, so they can't be that bad either!  They had a nice crunch and the salt wasn't overpowering, I'd definitely look for them again.

I was super excited for the Smooze Fruit Ice, even though I'm not a huge coconut fan.  Because I'm not a huge coconut fan, this was a little odd to me.  The flavor wasn't bad, just not what I'd normally choose.  My main problem with this was that I couldn't get it to squeeze out of the paper!!


This Skinny Pop Chocolate Pop Corn was SO good!! Like, I wasn't expecting that at all!  It had just enough chocolate flavor to get a sweet fix, and was that perfect balance between sweet and salty.  I would buy this everyday.







This Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle was tied for my favorite thing in this box!  It was sooo chocolatey and yummy, like super crunchy cookies.  They were small and there weren't a ton of pieces, so it keeps you in check, while still giving you a wonderful chocolate snack.


The box this month also came with this cute little sample of the Simple Micellar Water!  I think that is such a cool idea to include a little beauty sample with the food, I love it!

And then aaaaall of these coupons and papers which I intend to use, but never do...

So out of this box I really like four, and could take or leave five, and didn't dislike any!  Those odds aren't too bad, especially considering I REALLY liked those four! 
I had originally purchased a discounted three month subscription, and this was supposed to be my last box, but they sent me an email for one at half price and I got roped in... So expect to see a June Love With Food box soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona