Skip to main content

Love With Food: March Throwback

So you all might remember at the beginning of the year last year I tried out a few free and discounted food subscription boxes, one of which was the Love With Food Box! It is regularly $9.99 per month for a monthly subscription, which I think is a bit much...  But on Leap Day in February they had a special running for $17.98 for a three month subscription, which is about $9 cheaper than the regular 3 month subscription, and works out to about $6 per month!  I'll but into that!

I know I'm super late with this one... But I wanted to post it anyway!

These Lemon Wafer Bites by Dolcetto were the first thing my mom took and said "Let's try these!"  They were little wafers filled with lemon creme, and were so tasty!  Probably my favorite out of this box...

My dad was the one who pulled this Fig Bar by Nature's Bakery out and said he loved these, but neither of us had tried or heard of the strawberry flavor.  Unlike with my mom, I kept this one and ate it myself!  It was good, filling for what the size is, and I'd like to try other flavors.  These are vegan, non-GMO, and dairy free.

I also absolutely loved these Horizon fruit snacks!  They were all strawberry, so no variety in the flavors, but they were shaped like cows! So cute... These were organic and dairy-free.

I am not a fan of green olives, so my mom got thse Olympos Pitted Green Olives  if she wanted them or not... I'm pretty sure they still haven't been eaten, but that is just a personal preference.  Regardless, these were gluten free, dairy free, and vegan.

I am not a huge almond fan so I haven't tried this Almond Roca bar yet... but I'm not completely opposed.  This is the only food from these boxes I've regularly seen in stores, so thats lucky if you like them!  In addition, they are gluten free!

I ate these Naan Crisps by Stonefire with chicken salad, and I definitely approve.  They were the perfect size, had a good crunch and were just salty enough!  

Mother Dearest stole these...  They are peppermint flavored salt water taffy by Salty Road.  The goal was to combine Sweet and Salty with a hint of peppermint, and she said they were a little odd, but not bad!

Bad... Bad bad bad bad bad.  I wasn't a pork skin fan to start with, but combining that hot greasy flavor with a more sophisticated Rosemary and Sea Salt just didn't do it for me.  On the plus side, these Pork Clouds had zero chemicals in them, they were strictly pork skin,olive oil, salt, and rosemary, so if you enjoy pork skins these would be a really good choice!

So I saw this offer to get a bag of coffee and on the back there is an offer for a free tin of tea, you just pay $1 shipping an hand;ing for each.  I was pretty excited about this bonus offer, but on a whim decided to glance through their terms and conditions before placing my order.  Following this order, they will charge your card over $60 every TWO WEEKS!  I thought maybe I'd just cancel it after the first freebie, but upon reading reviews I learned the customer service is unreachable and it is nearly impossible to cancel... You should be ashamed for including something like this Love With Food, I am very disappointed.

On the other hand, they also included this Swap.com coupon for $5 off of an order.  This website is like an online consignment store, with free shipping on your first order over $25, 100% return guarantees, and GREAT prices! I checked out reviews of the site and the people who had ordered from them all were 5 stars and people who had sold with them were mostly one or two... So buy, don't sell!  I went ahead and ordered to try it out and got a reeeeeeally nice NORTH FACE Summit Series jacket for $35, and it would normally be upwards of $100.  I also ordered a Cinderella picture book for $5 that looked great online, but once I got it it was in pretty horrible condition... I immediately went to ask online to return it, and they refunded my money within the week, AND told me to just go ahead and keep the book!  So all in all, I got a free book, and a North Face jacket for $30, with free shipping and a coupon.


So I payed about $6 for this box of 8 snacks,  which works out to about $0.75 per snack, much less than a vending machine.  I really liked four of the eight, could take or leave two, and strongly disliked two, which isn't bad!  Also, with the Swap.com coupon, the box basically paid for itself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received