Skip to main content

What I got for Christmas Highlights!

I understand that everybody else had their posts like this up the day of Christmas...
But I am a rebel (and lazy)
So why not throw it back to the magical Christmas season halfway through the new year, to soften the blow as all the resolutions crumble!

Makeup and Haircare
Th Naked 3 Palette - So this was technically for my Birthday from my boyfriend, but I had to include it because it is so exciting!! I have been wearing it constantly, and I could not be happier with it.  Needless to say, he did well.
Pur Palette - My grandmother got me this, and even though it has pretty similar colors to the Naked palette, I still really love it, and it came with a mascara!
Smashbox Set - So this was kind of a Christmas present for myself...  My friend and I went shopping the day after Christmas, and the deals we got at Ulta were INSANE!  We decided to split a set (the one's I chose are in bold) that had a lipgloss, lipstick, full sized mascara, and two eyeshadow trios.  The set was on sale for $29, so we both payed about $15!
Hair Product set - This was also a Christmas present to myself, and yet another Ulta find that we decided to split! This set consisted of what I believe to be deluxe samples of Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment, Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Protector, Sexy Hair Full Bloom Thickening and Refreshing Spray, Matrix Style Link Volume Builder, Redken Frizz Dismiss Smooth Force FPF 20, Tigi Bed Head Mini Hard Head Hairspray, Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray, and Wella EIMI Dry Me Dry Shampoo!
Batiste Dry Shampoo - This is my favorite and is from my parents, so I'm pretty excited to have a backup!
Bare Minerals Lipgloss - So this was also technically for my Birthday.  I got a coupon from Ulta for a free lipgloss, but I totally didn't expect it to be full sized! It's so cute, I love it!
Olay BB Cream - I found this at a local makeup discount store and bought it on a whim during my after Christmas shopping trip.  It has a very interesting smell... Like perfume, and sunscreen.  But it was a large bottle for a good price, and I think it will be nice during the summer to just throw on!
Mary Kay Lipgloss set - This was given to me for Christmas by my Sunday School teacher.  She always gets us something little, but I was very impressed this year!  It was a cute little set with six different and very pigmented colors!


Clothes

Jeans - I was really in need of some new jeans... So for Christmas I got a skinny ripped light wash pair, a pair of ripped jeggings, an artist style pair, and a pair of burgundy "extreme leggings," all from American Eagle!  By far my favorite are the burgundy ones, I've been wearing them constantly!

Ornaments
Gingerbread Cottages - I have been wishing for this ornament every year when we go to Dollywood.  It is a mill, that makes gingerbread men!  It is gorgeous, but was much too expensive for me to invest in considering I do not currently have my own house to decorate!  And then my parents bought it for me for Christmas :)
Minnie Mouse - Maze got me this for Christmas, and I absolutely love it, I think it is so sweet!  It is a personalized Hallmark ornament, that he bought for our house one day!
Thomas Kinkade Winnie the Pooh Ornament - Mom and Dad also bought me this one, but it was for my birthday! I love Winnie the Pooh, and when the light shines through the colors really come to life!

Baking
Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook - This is one of my favorite blogs, and I was THRILLED to get this for Christmas!
Blank Recipe Book - This is one of those binders that come with recipe cards that you can fill in with your own recipes, such as ones passed down through families.  I have already been passing out cards to my grandparents to fill out!
Cupcake Carousel - Come on, just look at this!! It is a cupcake display, that MOVES like a carousel!!  I was so incredibly excited about this, but kind of terrified of a moving stand as well... The good news? I've used it and it works perfectly!
Mixing Bowls - I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use these now or put them up for the future... Regardless this is a gorgeous set that came with four mixing bowls + lids, measuring cups, measuring spoons, prep bowls, and a colander!
Spatula - I bought this at Walmart at the after Christmas sale, and I think it is so cute!  I'm pretty sure it is Better Homes and Gardens as well
Baking Kit - This was given to me by one of my friends for Christmas, and I am considering doing a post on how to put one of these together, because it is super cute!!  It came with a spoon set, a whisk, a spatula, chocolate chip cookie mix, hot chocolate, candy canes, all housed in this pretty oven mitt!

Disney
Olaf - This one of my only real toys that I received for Christmas this year, but it is a Olaf (from the movie Frozen) that you can pull the head and body pieces apart, as well as the nose, and when they snap back into place he talks!  As much as I love Olaf I have yet to really figure out the concept behind this toy... but it's cute!
Disney CD and Picture - Apparently my parents were able to get this set at Barnes and Nobel, it is a CD with covers of popular Disney movie sound and this gorgeous painted picture!  I can't wait to put the picture up in my room, and I have been listening to the CD nonstop!
Disney Book - I have loved reading this and find it so interesting, it is all about the making of Disney movies, stories behind them, and hidden Mickey's!  It came out this past year, so it is super up to date, and a definite must for all Disney lovers like myself.
  It even comes with a piece of the original movie strip from the movie Brave!
Aladdin Book - This is by far one of my favorite Disney movies, so I can't wait to read this book to my kids (a loooong time from now...)!

White Girl
Simply Southern Tervis Cup - I have never been able to bring myself to buy a Tervis cup because they are so expensive!  But I saw this one and fell in love...  I have been using it constantly since Christmas, and I can't get over how cute it is!
Monogram Envelope Purse - I have also been lusting over this bag for a while, and it wasn't crazy expensive, but I knew I didn't need it and wouldn't use it often.  It is (fake) leather with my initials monogramed on the front with a pretty fabric inside and a detachable gold chain to transition from a clutch to a shoulder bag.
Vera Bradley Glasses Case - This is kind of like a little bonus, because though I'd looked at these, I love my RayBans case so I hadn't bought one!  I'm not sure yet if I'm going to switch over for that reason... I might just keep my legit eyeglasses in here!
Picture - I'm not totally sure this falls under white girl, but I loved it and wanted to show it off!  My absolute best friend got me this for Christmas from Etsy, it has our names on it and everything, I love it :)


If you haven't entered my Giveaway yet be sure to do that! It is a haul of awesome products, and will be open for the next month! You can access it in the sidebar on the right side of the page, the top of the blog below the title, or I'll make you life super simple and place it right here!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!