Skip to main content

College Countdown: Packing Makeup and Toilitries

Makeup
So this is where I keep all of my Makeup!  It was a basic small five drawer set with clear drawers from Walmart, and then I took tacky paper which I got from the dollar bin at Target and washi tape and decorated it!  I plan to label the drawers with chalkboard labels, but I have bad handwriting so I decided to wait and lett someone else write on them...

The top drawer is my most accessed face base products drawer!
  • Face
    • Primer
    • Full Coverage Foundation
    • Lighter Coverage BB Cream/Tinted Moisturizer
    • Under Eye Concealer
    • Spot Concealer
    • Pressed Powder
The second drawer contains all of my bluch, bronzer, and highlight products.
  • Cheeks
    • Blush
    • Highlight
    • Bronzer
In the back of my desk organizer I keep my letter organizer with my eyeshadow palletes
  • Eyeshadow
    • Eye Primer
    • Palletes - I suggest bringing primarily your favorite pallete, such as my Naked 3, instead of dealing with the clutter of single eyeshadows (even though I brought a few of those too...)
    • Cream Eyeshadow
This is my cluttered drawer with my eyeliner, mascara, and single eyeshadows
  • Eyeliner - These are just suggestions of things I use often, you obviously bring whatever works for you
    • Brown Pencil
    • Black Pencil
    • Liquid/Gel Eyeliner
    • Colorful - Something fun!
    • White - For the waterline
  • Mascara - I always bring much too much mascara... Maybe limit yourself to a waterproof and non-waterproof 
My favorite drawer!
  • Lips - Bring a good mix
    • Lip balm
    • Lipgloss
    • Lipstick
  • Tools
    • Bronzer Brushes
    • Foundation Brush
    • Blush Brush
    • Kabuki Brush
    • Eyeshadow Brushes
    • Tweezers
    • Sharpener 


Toiletries 
So I keep all of my less used products in the top drawer of a large three drawer contiainer under my bed in a slightly organized fashion. 
  • Teeth - These things I keep in the medicine cabinate above the sink
    • Steripods - Dorms are gross, protect your toothbrush
    • Toothbrush
    • Toothpaste
    • Mouthwash
  • Deodorant
  • Skincare products
    • Oil Blotting Sheets
    • Makeup Remover Wipes
    • Toner
    • Face Lotion/Eye Cream
    • Spot Treatment
  • Eyes - Obviously this doesn't apply to everybody
    • Contacts Case 
    • Salineolution
    • Extra Contacts
    • Glasses
  • Q-Tips
In the top drawer of my desk I keep all of my most used hair products and such, also is a slightly organized fashion!
  • Hair - These are just suggestions based on what I use often
    • Mousse
    • Hair Spray
    • Leave-in Conditioner
    • Dry Shampoo
    • Argon Oil
    • Baby Powder - Used like Dry Shampoo, but in dire situations
    • Widetooth Comb
    • Brush
    • Straightener - I keep this hanging on a command hook under my desk and out of the way
    • Curling Iron
    • Hair Dryer
I wanted to be able to see all of my lotions, so I keep them in a basket where I can see them also under my bed.
  • Lotion
    • Bath and Body Works - Gotta have the basic white girl smells!
    • Jergens Self Tanner - Or your preferred brand
    • Body Butter - For the intense cold months with very dry sin
I keep all of my perfume in a pretty arrangement on my dresser beside my bed!
  • Perfume
    • Body Spray - Such as Bath and Body Works
    • Marc Jacobs Honey - This is my favorite, I suggest bringing at least one nice perfume for big nights out or special dates!


Nails
I keep all of my colorful nailpolish in the bottom drawer of my makeup drawers, and the rest of my tools in the top disorganized drawer of the big drawer set!
  • Nail Fie
  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Nail Clips
  • Colored Nail Polish - Limit yourself! You won't use them all that often!
  • Clear Nail Polish
  • Hand Cream
  • Foot Cream


Shower Caddy
I keep this just sitting beside the door under the sink so I can grab it and go!

  • Body
    • Shower Gel
    • Body Scrub
  • Hair
    • Shampoo
    • Conditioner
    • Hair Mask
  • Skincare Products
    • Scrub
    • Cleanser
  • Bath Pouf
  • Razor
  • Shave Gel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha