Skip to main content

College Countdown: Dorm Haul

So this obviously isn't every single thing I bought for college... Doing a post like that would be ten miles long!  These are some of the more stand out, good deals, or cute things I bought!

Walmart

  • Hamper - A nice, durable, super pretty one that my mom bought me for Easter
  • Shower Caddy
  • Hand Towel - A pretty yellow one that matches my room from the kitchen department
  • Washcloths 
  • Hangers - Just the cheap plastic ones, I think they work as well as the felt ones everyone loves!
  • Bowls and Cups - Just cheap plastic ones, I wasn't looking for durable and long lasting, it's college!

  • Comforter - I fount this set on sale after the dorm craze last year and I was so extited!  It was EXACTLY what I wanted, and came with sheets, the sham, a baby pillow, and the comforter.
  • Jersey Sheets
  • Mattress Pad - I found a 2.5 inch thick foam one also on sale, and for only $40!  That's a great deal compared to the price they are most places
  • Heated Mattress Cover - This was also on sale for only $15!  So much excitement!


  • Plastic Drawers - Finally from Walmart I got these little plastic drawers, as well as a large set, and then decorated the clear drawers with yellow tacky paper from Target! Let me know if you want a DIY on this

Target

  • Laundry Bag - It was just a cheap one from Target's (amazing) dollar section, but it is huge!  I can fit so much in it to lug home with me!


  • Glass Jars - See the glass jar in the middle?  I found a set of four in the Target dollar section!  One is currently holding paper clips, one with bobby pins, and one with hairbows
  • Brush/Pencil Cups - Also from the Target dollar section!
  • Cupcake diffuser - It is one of the scent diffusers, it doesn't really smell like cupcakes though... More like fruity alcohol truthfuly 
  • Umbrella

  • Blanket - The blanket is one of the soft minkey ones, and it has a big landscape scene with a sign that says "Journey," in all shades of grey, it is perfect!
  • Bedside Caddy - It is actually currently full of desk supplies and hanging at the end of my bed, but it is useful and came from the Target dollar section!

Ross


  • Gray Pillows - These came is a double set for like $13, I love them! 
  • Lights - I think these are technically supposed to be Garden lights, but I made a faux headboard with them instead!
Broom

TJ-Maxx

  • Step stool - My roommate actually took this one over, but it is sturdy and works well!


  • Under Bed Storage - This bin is amazing... I found it on sale, it matched my room perfectly and is stain resistant! It currently stores my snacks.

The Container Store


  • Trashcan - This was not a smart purchase... Much too small

  • Letter Organizer - Or Makeup Pallet organizer...
  • Flower Cup - I use this to store my tea!

Vera Bradley


  • Backpack - Apparently this pattern is now retired, and I was able to get it for only $30!  It is huge and has tons of storage pockets, I love it!


Amazon

  • Lighted Makeup Mirror - I am used to very bright lights in my bathroom at home, so I knew the dorm room lighting would be a struggle...  This provides a nice amount of light, though not natural at all.  It has worked well enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received