Skip to main content

Pigeon Forge Girls Weekend!

Day 1, Sunday

7:20 p.m.
Surprise, I'm in Pigeon Forge for a mini vacation! 


My best friend in the entire world, Kaitlyn, and I left after church this morning. We wanted to spend a few nights together before college begins, and we live hours and hours apart... We just arrived at our cabin, and we thought since it was in a gated community it would be pretty close together and accessible... No. We are in the middle of nowhere up an itty bitty winding road, but it's really pretty inside and out!

Heads up, I got lazy and did not actually take these pictures, I stole them from the cabin's website... 



This was our bedroom, it was supposed to be a honeymoon cabin, but it worked for us!


Loft/Game Room with it's own private balcony 


The downstairs with the kitchen, dining room table, and living room!  The hall beside the kitchen led to our bedroom, the laundry room, and bathroom.



See the hot tub?  We spent a LOT of time in that



Also, the view from our hot tub, minus the snow, because it was 90+ degrees the whole week











And our front porch which we spent very little time on... But it was pretty!
After finding and looking around the cabin we cooked ourselves dinner.  We bought a frozen pizza, and I'm so glad we did so we didn't have to try and find our way back out!

After dinner we hopped in the hot tub to watch some Netflix (which we ended up doing every single night...) 

I mean, come on, look at that sunset over the mountains!  It was gorgeous.

10:40 p.m.
After dinner and hanging out in the hot tub, we showered, and watched more Netflix! We decided tomorrow to get out pretty early and have breakfast before going to the Titanic museum and then the pool! Goodnight girls!

Day 2, Monday

8:40 a.m.
Good morning girls! I have gotten so used to waking up early and going in to work at 6 a.m. that I was up at 7:45 this morning... But that's ok because we needed to leave early this morning anyway! We have to leave our cabin around 9:30 to make sure we make our 10:30 time at PAULA DEEN'S restaurant for breakfast! I'm just a little excited, because it is pretty amazing. After that we are planning on going to the Titanic museum, and maybe the pool later!



11:00
Just finished at Paula Deen's... We are SO stuffed.

Before the meal they give you a cinnamon roll, and it actually might be my favorite thing!

We ordered (from bottom left going clockwise) bananas foster french toast, huge pigs in a blanket, chicken and waffles, biscuits and gravy, brown sugar black pepper bacon

Aft breakfast we headed over to the Titanic museum, which was truly amazing...

As you walk in the door they give you an audio tour and a card with a person's name on it.  As you travel throughout the museum and explore the artifacts you are tasked with finding your person and trying to discover if they lived or died.
I lived!

They also had the violin which was played as the Titanic sank.  It was recently bought at auction and was on loan to the Titanic museum.  It was only out for a short time, and this is the only museum with the rights to it.  Following it's time on display it will return to a vault, never to be released again.

After the museum we went back to our cabin to chill in the hot tub and watch movies for the night, and we made dinner!
I made salad, with chipotle cheddar pasta and garlic citrus chicken! 

Days 3 and 4

So, I kind of slacked off the last two days with taking pictures and recording what we were actually doing...  On Tuesday we went to Gatlinburg and shopped around for a little bit, and then spent the night in as we had the rest of the week, nothing too exciting.  On Wednesday we shopped (TOO MUCH) and then began to make our way home. 

Overall it was an amazing weekend, and I am so glad we got to spend it together before heading off to college!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received