Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 7, Thursday June 13th

10:30 AM
Goodmorning everybody! I have been up since 8 this morning, but just now got the chance to write! We have been pretty busy getting ready this morning, because today we are going to Cape Lookout! It is an uninhabited island in the OBX, with a lighthouse on it. It is sooo pretty, and has some of the biggest seashells I have ever seen! We are driving through Harkers Island right now to get to the ferry that will give us a ride over. Our directions for getting to the ferry was to drive until we ran out of land, and that is where they would be :) It might be a while before I post again, but when I do I will have a yon of pictures!!
Other than that It has been a fairly uneventful morning so far. But guess what I had for breakfast! For once, not a muffin! I had a Krispy Kream doughnut :) I am such a healthy eater ;)


4:30 PM
Just got off of the Island! We had so much fun :) The very first thing the "Captain" said when we got on the boat was
"I am saying this because the Coast Guard makes me... If the boat happens to sink for some reason, we will drop the life jackets, just don't panic! The best way to avoid drowning, is to just stand up... The water is about three feet deep all the way across. The only way you could drown is if you just refuse to stand up..."



 Elijah looking out the window :)

The old Oil House

Aren't my parents cute :)



The Keepers house


Elijah swimming



Barnacles on a pole


Gah... I feel icky sticky nasty sandy yucky GROSS!

6:00 PM
We decided to go back to Beaufort and visit a few of the shops we missed the other day. Once again, I got another book. But this time it was against my will... My school has Summer Reading work and I have to read The Scarlet Letter... woo hoo...

8:00 PM
Tonight we decided to eat at the Clam Digger Inn. It was ok, not amazing. I had Chicken Parmesan  Now we are on our way to play Putt-putt one last time!

9:00 PM
Finished playing at Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf, which was very fun :)
 I finally got a hole in one! Everyone in my family (including my eight year old brother) had gotten one this week except me, and I finally did! :)

10:30 PM
I am absolutely wiped out... I have been updating and checking and fixing and reading and I am about to fall over! It has been a very long and tiring day, so I think I am going to bid you all Goodnight and talk to toy tomorrow! Love you all! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...

January Nibblr Subscription Box

So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Nibblr box from the Pillsbury company! Upon opening my box, I found a tray of four, healthy, portion controlled snacks. Each month they send you four snacks at random, until you begin to personalize your account.  You can personalize your account by selecting "Love it, Like it, Interested, or No Thanks".  All snacks begin marked "Interested", and after trying them you may mark them otherwise.  They will then try to send snacks marked "Love it" and "Like it" more often, and avoid sending the ones marked "No Thanks". The first snack on my try was "PB Graham" It is described as "peanuts, peanut wafers, and graham cookies snack mix", and falls into the "Feel Good Sweets" category. Just a note, Nibblr CAN NOT cater to food allergies, and from wha...