Skip to main content

Outer Banks 2013: Day 4, Monday June 10th

8:50 AM

Goodmorning Beach Bunnies!
My little brother got up just as early this morning, but I am learning to ignore him ;) I had a Blueberry muffin with Cream Cheese again this morning, we are going to have to make another Food Lion run to get some more of these! They are great! :) My Sunburn is a little better today, the lower half of my legs look normal, but the upper half still look bright red -_-
Today are plans are pretty much the same as yesterday, we are spending the day down at the beach again! :)


1:30 PM
We just came in for lunch :) I had a sandwich, carrots, and Ice Cream! Have you ever had Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream before?
 It is sooooooo good! :) 
I think we are going back down to the beach for a while, and then over to the pool! :) 
Ttyl!!


4:30 PM
We briefly went back down to the beach... long enough to descover our blanket and chairs had been covered over in sand. It has been a really nice day, but it is so windy! We did most of the same things on the bra h today that we did yesterday. Except today when we caught sand fleas (and the occasional fish) we put them in a bucket to see how many we could get! :)
 Don't worry, we let them go... eventually ;) 
After packing up our sand encrusted beach things, we went and spent a few hours at the pool. My little brother would rather be at the pool than anywhere, so he loved it :)

Elijah jumping in the pool :)
 I mostly just floated around on pool noodles :)
We just got back to the room, so I am going to get in the shower!

5:45 PM
We all showered and got ready in record time! ;) We are now on our way to a shopping center in Atlantic Beach :)

7:30 PM
Just left the shopping center! A lot of the shops closed at 6, so there wasn't much open. But I did get to go to the bookstore! Which I was very happy about :) 
I got 2 new books...
which makes five total so far for this vacation!
 If you can't tell, I like to read ;) My mom got us some new diving rings/balls sir the pool, and some goggles too! I am truly still a kid at heart :) Now we are on our way to the Channel Marker for dinner!

8:30 PM
Just finished eating and that has been the best meal yet by FAR! I had Crab Spinach Dip.
Isn't it pretty! :)
 I know, I know, I had that last night too... but I was craving it and last night just didn't do it for me ;)



9:00 PM
Decided to stop off at a Wings Beach store on the way home. I got a few of the cute little creaseless hair ties :) I am on the search for some white bathing suit bottoms, and I was sure that they of all places would have some! But sadly, no such luck. The search continues...

12:30 PM
Today I made it to chapter 12 in a book that I just started this morning, which is about halfway through! I'm glad I bought lots of new reading material! :) It has been a really good day overall :)
Boy do Sunburns hurt worse at night.... But we are spending the day off the beach tomorrow, so that should help some :) That also means tomorrow will be more interesting to you all! :) Hope you come back to spend day 4 of our vacation with me! Love you all, goodnight! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...