Skip to main content

Valentine's Day: Five Senses Present Idea

So I made this present for my boyfriend for our Anniversary, but because Valentine's Day is just as lovey-dovey, I think it would be perfect now as well!  This is called the Five Senses present, so each piece of the present is themed around one of the five senses.  I always like to do lots of little things instead of one big present, so when I fund this idea on Pinterest, I thought it was perfect!  This was in no way my idea (though I don't know who to credit...) but I thought I would show you all my take on it, as well as give some other options!

First of all, I numbered them because I wanted him to open them in a certain order, but that is in no way required!  I started with a good present, put two of the more mediocre ones in the middle, and then the two big ones at the end!

1.) Sight
For the first present, I gave him a framed picture of the two of us.  This is from the Avett Bothers concert we went to, which I actually did a post about if you'd like to see more!  I also gave him a Breaking Bad poster, which is one of his favorite shows.  Both of those went over really well and are hanging in his room!
You could also do something like a DVD, movie tickets, or tickets to a play.  Anything that is primarily visually stimulating!

2.) Taste
So this is one of the less fun ones, only because I am currently living in a dorm room without access to a kitchen... I could have had so much fun with this otherwise!  I made him a homemade mug cake mix, which you may have seen before when I originally posted the recipe before Christmas.  If you would like the recipe, you can fid it here!  It is really good, and I use it frequently now, but there are so many things you can do with this present!
Some of my top suggestions would be cupcakes, (whiskey) caramel and apples, homemade truffles, a special drink or drink mix you know they like, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered Oreos and peanut butter crackers,  literally just about anything chocolate covered!  The possibilities for this one are endless, and I highly suggest you try to outdo me and send me pictures bragging about it.

3.) Smell
First of all, I forgot to take a picture of my Dollar Shave Club box, but this is exactly like what I got in mine (though I do not claim the picture).  This to me was a cool idea, but he saw it as me telling him he should shave more... So definitely feel out your audience before giving them a razor apparently.  From my perspective, I saw this as a really nice and highly acclaimed shave set, the Shave Butter smells good, and if wasn't all that expensive.  I used the free trial and added on the more expensive razor and Shave Butter, so it wasn't totally free, but I am about positive it was less than $10.  If you are on a tight budget this could be a good solution, and complaints or not, he really seems to like it!
If you have some more funds to play with then I highly suggest going the route of cologne.  It makes the most sense, and is a very nice gift.  Another budget idea could be a nice bath set with body wash and the likes.  If you are going for more romantic or sexy and have access to a nice bathtub, you could also do bath oils or bombs for the two of you to use.

4.) Sound
So for sound I did tickets to a haunted corn maze since our anniversary was back in October, but that present is kind or irrelevant now!  I think a good suggestion would be for you to get tickets to the Brantley Gilbert concert in NC at the end of the month and come with me! 
Other options for sound could be CDs, an iTunes gift card, earbuds, or beats if you are going big!  This present was kind of difficult for me because my boyfriend has or doesn't use those things, so I had to get creative, but you can make it as easy or as complex as you desire!

5.) Touch
This one can be fun... I went a little bit on the sexier route and got him American Eagle Boxers, but if you wanted to go even further you could get yourself a present (*cough cough* lingerie) and give it to him too!  
Like I said, I had fun with this present, but if you would rather you could go much more innocent and get him a soft blanket or other clothing.


This is truly a fun present to give because you can make it as big and complex, simple and cheap, or sweet and heartfelt as you would like!  The possibilities are endless and I've only listed a few.  Do your research and know your guy, and the present ideas will come pouring in!


https://brandfolder.com/blog/shared-story/dollar-shave-club-from-everyday-product-to-extraordinary-brand/
https://www.ae.com/men-clearance-aeo-buffalo-check-flannel-boxer-red/web/s-prod/0220_3733_600?cm=sUS-cUSD&catId=cat7670038

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...

January Nibblr Subscription Box

So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Nibblr box from the Pillsbury company! Upon opening my box, I found a tray of four, healthy, portion controlled snacks. Each month they send you four snacks at random, until you begin to personalize your account.  You can personalize your account by selecting "Love it, Like it, Interested, or No Thanks".  All snacks begin marked "Interested", and after trying them you may mark them otherwise.  They will then try to send snacks marked "Love it" and "Like it" more often, and avoid sending the ones marked "No Thanks". The first snack on my try was "PB Graham" It is described as "peanuts, peanut wafers, and graham cookies snack mix", and falls into the "Feel Good Sweets" category. Just a note, Nibblr CAN NOT cater to food allergies, and from wha...