Skip to main content

College Countdown: College Rambles

So… I move in tomorrow.  We have been in Disney for almost two weeks, and I never thought I’d be ready to leave Disney but I actually really was.  It is Thursday morning right now, and we won’t be home until late tonight.  After that I have a ton of packing left to do, along with visiting grandparents.  My move in time is between1:00 and 4:00… though I am beginning to highly doubt that I’ll actually make that time!

To tell the truth, I wasn’t the least bit sad until the song “I Loved Her First” by Heartland just came on the radio.  It was talking about a dad giving his daughter away at her wedding, but how a small part of her will always be his.  I am in the car with my mom, dad, and brother, and my mom and I both just started crying… It was so sad!


Other than that, I am basically just over the moon excited!  I have already met my roommate and we talk almost every day, I absolutely love her!  We are very much alike in our morals, politics, religious beliefs, and love of Disney!  My class schedule is set, and though it will be difficult, I am excited to get into more of my core teaching, English, and History classes.  My classes this coming semester are Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age, Applied Grammar, Critical Perspectives in Learning and Teaching, American History, History of North Carolina, and Psychology Applied to Teaching with includes a field experience.



Snapchat from my Mom on the first day...



*Update*
This is going up during my third week here at Appalachian State University... I know, I'm awful,  but I am actually pretty proud that I got it up this soon to tell the truth.  

Overall, the past few weeks have been truly amazing.  I have had so much fun!  My roommate and I are getting along amazingly and spend a ton of time together.  She has also introduced me to some people she knew beforehand, so it's been nice to already have built in friends.  I have one really close friend from high school who is here, and we have had so much fun catching up and hanging out together, and I've loved meeting her friends and becoming a part of that group as well! I've also loved having my boyfriend so close by.  Instead of having to make an hour roundtrip to see him at his house, or two hours roundtrip to see him at Appalachian last semester, I just have to call him and he can be at my dorm in less than five minutes!  In addition to tall of these wonderful people, I've ventured out and met some new people on my own, which is always exciting!



My classes have been pretty good, for the most part.  My favorite by far has been North Carolina History, it is so interesting and the teacher is amazing!  My least favorites are the Critical Perspectives in Learning and Teaching, and American History... Both have the potential to be very good classes, and I love American History, but the teachers are SO bad.  Like, really really really bad...  The rest of my classes are just pretty good, neither here nor there.  I also begin my Field Experience working with Middle School kids this week and I am very excited about that, so wish me luck!























I am beginning to get more involved as far as clubs and churches go.  I have been exploring different campus ministries, as well as the Appalachian Educators Club, and a Transfer Students Club.  I've also considered a Disney Club, and Spoon University!  I'm going to have to limit myself, but they all sound so fun!  We finally tried a new church this Sunday as well, and even though it wasn't the one for us, it was a good experience and nice process of elimination.  I've even been a good girl going to the gym to run, and even for a Yoga class!




As I said, the past few weeks have just been too great.  With so many new experiences and meeting so many new people, it has been a wonderful way to kick off my next two years as an Appalachian Mountaineer, and I can't wait for you all to go on this journey with me!



I will link below the rests of the posts in this series, and thank you all for coming on this countdown to college journey with me!
Day 8 - College Countdown: Complete College Packing List

Let's Connect!
Sassy Sweets Cupcakes Facebookwww.facebook.com/SassySweetsCupcakeBakery
Personal Instagramwww.instagram.com/bethanyallen15
And if you wouldn't mind to sign up with my referral links... 
Swagbucks - This is a site where you earn points to get rewards, and it really works! If you want an invite you can e-mail me (allenfamilyvacationplans@gmail.com ) or paste this referral link (swagbucks.com/refer/beachbabe15 ) in the box when you sign up!
Influenster - This is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts and they will send you products to review based on your interests: www.influenster.com/refferal 
Groupon - A shopping website where everything is super cheap! www.groupon.com/visitor_referral

Graze - A food subscription that you can choose to get weekly, every other week or monthly!  When you sign up please use this code: RR93G9KTP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!