Skip to main content

Some Not So Workout, Workouts!

So you don't want to workout, but you really need to... Here are a few ways to trick you bod into thinking you are doing just everyday tasks, while you get in an awesome workout!

Slim Surfin’
Time spent on your computer doesn’t have to be fitness free! If you have rubber playground ball, squeeze it between your knees to tighten thighs while you IM your friends. Or try this: Scoot your bum forwards a few inches from the back of your seat. Now, squeeze your butt cheeks together as hard as you can. Hold and squeeze for a few seconds, rest and repeat several times. 

Tone on the Phone
When your phone rings, take the call standing up. Just standing instead of sitting makes a big difference in how many calories you burn! Then, sit down and stand back up 10 times in a row during each call. Do that 10 times in a day, and you’ve done 30 squats – enough to seriously tighten your thighs! You can also grab a tennis ball and squeeze it in your hands, it will tighten your forearms and it’s a great stress-buster too!

Laundry Lifts
Do you ever wait to do laundry until you can barely get your hamper from your room to the washing machine?  Use those heavy clothes to your advantage.  Squat down, grab your laundry basket and pick it up, lifting with your legs, not your back.  Do the same thing in reverse to put the basket back on the ground.  Repeat this 10 times before you leave your room and 10 times once you get to the washing machine. 

Clean Dish Curls
If it’s your turn to empty the dishwasher, take advantage of the time to work on your arm muscles.  Do three bicep curls with each arm for every clean glass you put away.  Hold the full silverware tray behind your head (level with where your neck meets your head) with both hands and bring it straight up until both of your arms are straight, then bring it back down to the original position.  Do this 10 times. 

House Cleaning Hustle
You promised your mom you’d clean up your stuff, but it’s exploded all over the house! Focus on one room at a time and clean out everything you can find.  Sprint up the stairs two at a time and then run with high knees down the hallway to your room. Do butt kicks back down the hallway once you put your stuff in your room.  When you finish a room, do five pushups.  Once you’ve hit all the rooms, check around the house one more time.  For every thing you missed, do ten crunches.  

Streak-Free Squats
You’ve got the whole family coming over, so mom needs someone to wash the windows.  Normally, to get the bottom panes, you’d kneel down on the floor, but for a challenge, try seeing how low you can squat with good form.  Your knees should be in line with your ankles and you should be sitting up as straight as you can.  If you’re struggling to stay steady, spread your feet farther apart.  Try to hold the squat a little bit longer for every new window. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

2018 Recap Part One (January-July)

So I took a year off!  2018 was a crazy year, and a lot has happened, so I thought it might be fun to do a recap of all of the fun, unexpected, and just crazy things that happened in 2018! January I started the year off by having coffee and lunch with my favorite girl at my favorite coffee shop! (She is also the photographer of the picture shown above.) The majority of the rest of January was spent trying to figure out my life... I made some big changes relationship wise by ending an almost five year relationship I was reluctant to let go of, but it ended up being a wonderful decision that has allowed me to grow in so many ways since.  Sometimes life has growing pains. Oh, I also turned 21 the month before, so there were a lot of other (now legal) activities going on in my life to help the healing process! February And in February a wonderful new man came into my life!  He was my roommate's best friend, so he had been around a lot, but suddenly I was a

Marc Jacobs Beauty

So last year I was lucky enough to receive a Marc Jacobs Beauty VoxBox from Influenster!  I was by far more excited about this VoxBox than any other I had yet to receive.  But... I got lazy, and even though I took the pictures, I never ended up making a full post about it.  Well, flash forward to 2019 and guess what I get a notification about?  I am going to be getting ANOTHER VoxBox from Marc Jacobs Beauty!  I was ecstatic.  And this time, I was determined to let you all know about it.  But while we're here, why not show off what I got last year as well! If you have any interest in signing up for Influenster so you can also receive free products to try you can  sign up here ! So this is how the boxes come packaged.  Black box, black packaging, black paper, all very dark and sleek.  This lipstick claims to be 16 hour long wear with a liquid matte feel in a crayon.  I don't agree with that statement completely, but it does have a very nice creamy feel and last as long a