Skip to main content

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside!

The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring.

The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries!  There was one tucked inside the bag!

Aside from the mini bombs, I also got a full sized bomb!  This one has already been used, and it was lovely!  It turned the bath a beautiful lavender color, but didn't dye the bathtub.  My skin was fragrant and soft after the bath, and the ring floated right up to the top!

Finally, I also got a sugar scrub.  Normally in a box you only get two items, but I guess they did three with this to equate the value of a candle.  This scrub also had a ring in it!  The scrub sticks together very well, unlike some sugar scrubs that are difficult to scoop because they fall apart.  It isn't the most abrasive, but it is nice nonetheless!

In case you are wondering, the rings come packaged like this to keep them safe from the water, scrubs, and bombs.  They look a bit like gum ball rings!  The gold slip in there is a code you enter in on the website.  It will tell you the value of the ring, give you reward points to redeem on the website, and enter you to win a $10,000 ring!

And finally, what we have all been waiting for, the rings!  I don't wear silver a lot, but these truly are very pretty rings!  The bands on the left and right are very similar, but they are simple, and exactly what I want in a ring.  I know I won't get as much use out of the purple, but it is very pretty as well!

Overall, I am very happy with the box in retrospect.  Even though I really wanted a candle initially, and I would have preferred gold, getting three rings makes up for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...