Skip to main content

How to curl your hair.... with a sock!

Ok sweet new idea on how to curl you hair with no (or minimal) heat. You can curl your hair... with a sock. I know you are going to think that I am absolutely insane but it really does work. It reminds me of beach waves, which is a style I have been searching for lately. You need to try it, it really works!


Here are the  step by step instructions on how to make this work.
First take a sock (it can be one that is missing its pair, or that you just don't wear) and cut off the toe of the. Now roll the sock into a ring, depending on your hair's thickness you might need to roll more than one sock together.




Now put your dry hair into a high ponytail, as high on top of your head as you can get it. I flip my head over and gather the hair to put it up.  Secure the hair with a hair bow.


The next step is to spray just the hair in your ponytail with water. Generally I do this hairstyle after I take a shower at night and it saves a step. Also instead of spraying with water you can spray it with Beach Spray, (which you can get the recipe for on my blog by going to the link above) it gives it more texture and doubles as a hairspray too!  You do not want it to be wet so just spray it until it is damp, or if you are doing this after you get out of the shower let your hair dry some before putting it up into a bun. Remember you want it to dry overnight so if it is too wet it will not dry completely.


Now grab your rolled up sock and put your ponytail through the hole. Pull the sock straight up to the tip of your ponytail. With the hair that is sticking out spread it all the way around the sock evenly, and tuck the ends under.  Start rolling the sock down so your hair is being fed through the hole, then up and around the sock. Continue rolling until you reach the base of your ponytail
Now simply roll all of your hair onto the sock until you reach the base of your ponytail.  Try to keep the ponytail straight up while you roll so that the hair is taught.

When you are finished rolling the hair onto the sock you have a  bun on top of your head. There is no need to secure it with anything else.  It will stay put perfectly just the way it is. In the morning take down the bun and take out the hair bow. If it is still wet, flip over your head and blow dry the bottom (it prevents any friz from being as visible, and adds volume). I like to put spray on gel and curl definer in my hair to hold in the curls. Your hair might end up being kind of big, if you like it that way then your done! If your like me then you could take the front sections of your hair, pin them back with a hair claw, and then straighten your bangs. Simply Amazing!

Pinned back Like This!
I couldn't believe this idea when i saw it, but I have tried it for the past two days and it looks amazing. I hope you like it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

How to Survive a Looooong Car Trip for Teens

So you are going on vacation (or on a road trip) and going to be in the car for quite a while, if you are anything like me this sounds absolutely TERRIBLE. So here are a few tips on ways to survive this "lovely" time with your family. A few weeks before the trip, make a packing list  You will need to take this with you on the trip so you will be able to repack. Wash and avoid wearing all of the clothes you're going to take with you . Start packing the week before the trip .  Fold or better yet, roll the clothes. I'm bad for not folding, and I always end up with wrinkles and I can never find anything unless I dump out my whole suitcase, which is a MAJOR pain.  Rolling the clothes instead of folding makes for tighter packing and no creases at the fold lines. Pack a plastic garbage bag for dirty laundry. Bring books  Bring ones that you love, or ones that you need to read for school (so either way you will end up reading it and keeping y