Skip to main content

Clutch Essentials

It is Prom season!  I have been out of school for two years now so Prom isn't exactly a relevant thing for me anymore, but I miss it...  The picking out a dress and getting ready... I'd do that over and over and just skip the whole prom thing honestly!  It always seems like a mini wedding, and does it sound too self-centered to say I like the pictures and attention?

Anyway, I was packing my clutch for my Valentine's Date and  I thought, why not make this more fun?  Here are my absolute clutch essentials for an important night out!



  • Money and ID - You never know what kind of situation you could end up in where you are going to need actual cash instead of the oh so common card!  I always have cash with me just in case.  I also reccomend bringing your actual license instead of school ID, but I didn't want to show my license!
  • Blotting Sheets - I have a real tendency to get shiny and if you have a night full of pictures ahead, that is not flattering.  A quick trip to the bathroom with this thin pack of blotting sheets can fix that right up!
  • Hair Tie and Bobby Pins -  What if your intricate hairdo starts to fall out and you need to pin it back up?  Or your straight hair starts to curl up from hot sweaty dancing and you want to put it up out of your face?  These don't take up much space so they are necessary no matter what kind of thing you are going to or hair you have!
  • Hairspray - Once you've pinned your hair back up you need to spray it into place!  I hate hairspray, but the need for it with perfect hairstyles outweighs my hate...
  • Makeup Remover - No matter what kind of mascara I wear it always ends up coming down below my eyes, and that is not a hot look in my personal opinion.  I have just brought a couple makeup remover wipes in a bag with me before and that works well, but I thought these little q-tips filled with makeup remover were a really cool concept!
  • Band-Aids - What if your shoe rubs blisters on your heel?  What if your date falls and skins their knee?  You will be prepared to nurse them back to health!  Bonus points it your band-aids have Disney characters on them.
  • Fashion Tape - I always tape my dresses up top and I don't even have that much to hold in!  I want my clothes to stay in the spot that looks the best.  Even though that is something you'd usually do before you left the house I think it is important to keep a few strips and maybe some safety pins in your bag in case of an emergency.  One year at prom I had to tape and pin one of my friends back into her dress because it started ripping!
  • Pepper Spray - This is a necessity because I just never leave the house without it.  I have a couple bottle with one in each jacket pocket during the winter and in my wallet during the summer.  Better safe than sorry!
  • Lipstick and Chapstick - I always have to have chapstick with me, no matter where I am going, and the Prom will be no exception.  You will also need to bring the lip color you are wearing that nigh for touch ups after dinner and throughout the night!
  • Hand Sanitizer - Germs are yucky and are everywhere, and personally I do not like to associate myself with them...
  • Face Powder - This goes back to the whole shiny face thing, so you don't necessarily need both, but I like having them.  Just make sure if you bring a powder that it has some color and isn't translucent.  A translucent powder will wash you out in the ten million pictures you have to take on Prom night.
  • Mints/Gum - Let's say you have Italian for dinner, do you want to go around smelling like a clove of garlic for the rest of the night?  I think not!  You can get super small packs of altoids, it will be worth the space in your clutch. 
  • Tampon or Pad - Even if you aren't expecting it Aunt Flo can show up unannounced and unwelcome at anytime... I always suggest being prepared.  The U by Kotex click tampons are super compact but easy to use.  I highly reccomend them for small clutches.
As I said, these are my essentials, so there are always things you may want to add or take away!  I didn't mention things like your cell phone and keys, which are absolutely necessary.  You could also add things like a roller ball of perfume or other makeup to touch up with.  It it totally up to you!  Whatever makes you feel most comfortable for your amazing prom night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...