Skip to main content

Second Year Empties: Skincare, Makeup, and Body Products

I know I'm posting on a weird day, but it was a busy weekend and I didn't want to get off of my posting schedule again!  I have too much good content to deliver in the next few weeks to put it off again!

Deodorant and Perfume

You gotta have things to make you smell good!

First on the left is the Tom's Naturally Dry deodorant.  I received this in my Amazon sample box, and it was interesting.  It smelled very strongly of baby powder, which wasn't bad, but then later I smelled like sweat and baby powder...  It didn't stop or cover the sweat, just mixed with it.  But I guess that is a result of it being a natural product?

Second is the Suave 24 Hour Protection deodorant in Wild Cherry Blossom.  This is like my go to deodorant in whatever scent, it doesn't even matter.  Apparently I'm a fan of the chemicalized deodorants and I am not ashamed!

The first perfume coming from the left is the Warm Vanilla Sugar scent from Bath and Body Works.  This has been my everyday fall/winter scent since middle school and it still holds up in my opinion.  I love smelling like baked goods!  I am already partially through another bottle, and I own this in every product variation Bath and Body Works offers.  I just haven't gotten tired of it yet!

Finally, the perfume on the right is Weekend Everyday by Maurices.  I actually got this for free one time at their store,and didn't expect to fall in love with it as much as I did.  It is the coolest bottle with a little button on the bottom to pop up the spray top!  That made it perfect for traveling because it was small and compact, and the spray button couldn't be mashed down in any way that wasn't purposeful.  I would really like to find this again, but I think it has been discontinued!

Toothpaste

So these are a lot of the toothpastes I have used recently!  I have been trying to get through a lot of my products recently and one of the things I had too much of were these baby toothpastes from sample boxes/the dentist.  I won't go into each of them, because you know, they are toothpaste, but I'll give a little review!  
On the left is the Hello whitening toothpaste, which is another natural product I wasn't a huge fan of.   It didn't bubble enough for me!
The Arm and Hammer toothpaste bubbled quite a bit, which I appreciated, and it was a brand I had never tried before!
On the bottom right are two Crest toothpastes that I liked pretty much equally.  I just like Crest, it is usually my go-to!

Bath Products

First I have the Pure Silk Shave Gel in Raspberry Mist.  I don't use shave gel a lot because I like substituting conditioner since it is more moisturizing, but sometimes the actual stuff is just easier!  This came out as thick foam and lasted a long time, which I appreciate.  I am already using another can of the same stuff!

This is the Village Natural Therapy Aches and Pains Muscle Relief Concentrated Mineral Bath Soak.  It is basically green bath salts with smell very potently like the Eucalyptus, with much lighter Spearmint and Menthol notes.  When I first received this from a Walmart Box I thought, "I'll never need this, I don't have aches and pains!"  And then I became a waitress... So this stuff works!! The scent isn't my favorite, but I think the scent is kind of the point, so I won't complain!

I have soooo much body wash.  Like, it is honestly a ridiculous amount, so I am trying really hard to stop buying it and use what I have!

On the left is a really old style Bath and Body Works bottle of Sweet Pea body wash.  This scent is not for me, it is much too flowery and strong.  I was happy to get through it, and though it lathered nicely, I will not be repurchasing this one specifically.

On the right is a Dirty Works body wash that I found at TJ-Maxx.  It smelled really good, so I was excited to try it!  Sadly, it didn't lather well at all no matter how much I used.  So I was using a ton, and it STILL lasted almost a whole year.  Which is good if you like it!  But I was ready for a change

Lotion

First, this is my go-to everyday lotion.  It is the Equate version of a Vasaline lotion that you can get for less than a dollar!  It is the Moisture Care Cocoa Divine.  It has a nice subtle scent, and is very moisturizing.  I've used much more than this bottle!

This is the Nivea In-Shower Cocoa Butter lotion.  I have actually tried this a couple times now, and I really appreciate that this pack was big enough to get a couple of uses out of.  I like it I guess, I just don't really get the concept.  It seems like it will just rinse off or wipe off when you dry after getting out of the shower.

Makeup

My favorite powder ever... The Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous compact powder.  I've used so many of these because they tend to go quick, which is a bit disappointing, but they are still great.  They keep my face very matte, and don't break me out, which are major criteria for me.  I will totally buy this again!

On the right it the Covergirl Oil Control Pressed powder.  I always go back to this one every once in a while just to give it another try.  It isn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad either.  I finished it!

On top is an white eyeliner by NYC.  It is cheap and it works, so I've used this for years.  I was kind of disappointed to get so close to the bottom of this one to find out there wasn't any left!  I feel as if the product should reach the bottom, but it was a dollar so I can't complain.

On the bottom is the Starlooks Pro eyeliner marker in black.  This was from an Ipsy bag and is probably one of the better things I'd ever gotten.  It introduced me to marker eyeliner, and as soon as this one dried up I got a new one!  I didn't repurchase this one specifically, but if it was an easy to find brand then I'd totally buy it again.

On the left is a covergirl liquid concealer.  I have repurchased this a couple times and I always love it.  It is a good under eye or spot concealer, though it isn't super concentrated.  I have not currently repurchased because I wanted to try some new things, but I still love it and totally would buy it again in the future.

On the right is the Glamoflauge Hard Candy Concealer.  I used this for a really long time, so long that it eventually separated and wouldn't mix back together... It was good while it lasted, but not the best thing ever, and I don't think I would every buy it again.

Finally some miscellaneous makeup.  

Standing up is the elf makeup setting spray.  I bought this a while back and used it periodically, but it was never a product I got into that much.  I just don't like spraying my face after finishing my makeup, it seems counter productive!  I also never noticed a huge difference in staying power.

Laying down is the Softlips chapstick in vanilla.  I was so proud to finish a chapstick!  That never happens!  I kept this in my car and it wouldn't melt, which I appreciated.  It tasted good and did its job, so I liked it!

Skincare

I bought this set of travel Simple skincare because I had heard very good things about it, but I was not impressed...  It came with a moisturizing facial wash and a replenishing moisturizer.  I began using this and ended up breaking out worse than I have since I was a preteen.  I was so upset!  I ended up using the moisturizer on my body because I didn't want to waste it, but I threw the wash away.  I still love the makeup remover wipes, but I won't be touching the skincare again for a while.

These are some of my ride or die products that I have stood by for quite some time now.

On the left is the equate version of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  I have tried both the name brand and the store brand and to me they are exactly the same, so I'll stick with the cheaper one!  I don't use this everyday, so it has lasted quite some time.  I will totally repurchase this though, it is the best!

On the right is the Burt's Bees Blemish stick.  I have already bought another one of these, it is my favorite spot treatment ever!  It is an herbal treatment instead of a chemical one, which I think works better for my skin type.  My only complaint about this is the rollerball application.  I still love it though!

And lastly, this is the Live Green Natural Blueberry Mask Sheet.  Sheet masks aren't my favorite, but this one was nice.  It was hydrating, if not a bit slimy, and very very wet.  It wasn't too bad, and I have a few more of them, so I'll totally use them up.


And that was everything I've used up during my second year in college!  Now I'll start collecting again as I try to get make my way through my product collection!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

2018 Recap Part Two (August-December)

(If you missed Part One, January-July, you can find it here! ) August We kicked August off with a bang and dove right into another vacation, this time to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!  We started our trip with another aquarium, and a few nights at this gorgeous little Bed and Breakfast in Manteo. While there we also had the opportunity to see The Lost Colony outdoor Drama.  I highly recommend, it was amazing! But be warned, Manteo breeds a different kind of mosquito than everywhere else, and they WILL just pick you up and carry you away! My mom and I were just dying to see the Ocean even though the island we were currently on was landlocked and Dad had just told us to be patient and wait until we got to our Condo a few days later.  We didn't listen, and after shopping one night we took the car down to a public entrance to see the sunset and feel the sand between our toes.  It did not disappoint!  Until I got squared by a wave... Decisions regretted, Ou