Skip to main content

Homemade Beauty... Natural Toners

Sliced strawberries, grapes, cucumbers, lemons, and tomatoes work wonderfully as natural toners to tighten skin and shrink pores. 

  •  Strawberries make an excellent cleanser, moisturizer, and skin-softener. They are rich in healthy-skin vitamins A & C and have a neutral PH so they are mild.
  • Grapes can reduce wrinkles, even skin tone, moisturize, and reduce the appearance of scars.
  • The high water content in cucumbers hydrates and cools your skin, and the natural oils in help soften your skin.
  • Lemon juice and water can be used to lighten dark spots on your skin, and reduce shine caused by oil on your face.
  • Tomatoes contain gentle acids which will help to cleanse your skin while removing dead skin cells and clearing black heads.
Pick the one you think wold work best for you, slice, and apply directly to your face. 
Comment below and let me know your results if you try this out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

Quick Website Rave!

Ok! This is the first time I've ever done this but I need you to listen to me and then go visit this awesome website! Most of you have probably heard of it before (I'm just slightly behind) it is called Etsy.com ! I just happened upon it last night through another website ( www.thisiswhyimbroke.com ) and I am now IN LOVE! I was so much in love that I have already placed my first order!  I ordered from  Mardi Robyn's  shop. She was in the middle of her black Friday sale and I got four pairs of earrings and two iPhone Earjack Dust Plugs for Christmas Presents.  Take a look! Now guess how much it all costed... Come on do it... You will never get it! $9.50! Thats right six Christmas Presents for under ten bucks!  Cha-Ching!! :) The next amazing shop I found is one by  NiciLaskin . I havent ordered from her yet but I definitely plan on it! I have contacted her and asked questions multiple times in the past two days an...