Skip to main content

Ipsy: May

We are back again with an old classic!  I have had Ipsy for years and paused it on and off from time to time, but it is definitely still my favorite subscription by far.  If you would like to sign up, you can click here!

I had planned to review this one, but I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with the contents of this bag!  The last few have been great, so I was pretty shocked!  The actual bag however is glittery and gorgeous !

The first thing in this bag that I was most excited about was this full size Ofra liquid lipstick in the color Versailles.  The color is ok in the tube, but on the lips it is very shimmery to the point of having a frosty finish with no color whatsoever.  Also, when I took the wand out of the tube it looked separated... Somehow simultaneously oily and chunky.  I tried to mix it a bit, but as a result it felt more like a gloss than a liquid lipstick.  Disappointing... 

This is the Innisfree pore clearing clay mask.  This is a cool product in theory, but I received this same sample for free from their website...  I haven't tried it yet, and I love clay masks, so I'm not knocking the product itself.  But that being said, I'm more disappointed in the company for giving out a sample customers could have easily gotten for free.

This is The Beauty Crop Bronzer in Sardinia Sand.  Honestly, this looks like "play makeup."  The packaging looks incredibly cheap, and when I was taking off the outer plastic and attempting to open it I legitimately thought I might break it.  I subscribe to Ipsy mainly to get samples of well known prestige brands.  I understand that doesn't always happen, and sometimes the unknown products are just as good or better, but this one fell short for me.  It is too basic, and just doesn't really fit my profile.

The name of this product, Kaleido Cosmetics, had me excited it was going to be a very shimmery or color-shifting.  When I saw it was a blush I was a bit more disappointed, because I have an ungodly amount of blush, but this is a nice basic shade in the color Primadonna.  I can't complain, but I'm not super excited either.

This is the Multi Purpose Stick from Nature's Cartel in the color GlowBal Awakening #1.  I have never been a huge fan of stick products.  I like highlighters, just not really in this form.  It looks nice and I will try it out, but I'm not overly impressed.

Here are swatches of three of the products.  At the top is The Beauty Crop Bronzer in Sardinia Sand.  In the middle is the Kaleido Cosmetics blush in Primadonna, which had a nice shimmer in the light.  At the bottom is the Multi Purpose Stick from Nature's Cartel in the color GlowBal Awakening #1, which truly is a nice color.

All in all, I can't say I'm thrilled.  This was a very makeup heavy bag, which I prefer, but somehow it still missed the mark just a bit.  I went online and reviewed my bag, which is the best thing you can do when you get something you don't like.  I'm sure next month will be better!  If you would like to sign up, you can click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...