Skip to main content

Rimmel London Wonder' Swipe Voxbox

Straight from the source, the Wonder Swipe Eyeliner's claim's are as follows: 

"SWIPE TO TRANSFORM! Breakthrough formula you can transform with the stroke of a finger..
  • 2-in-1 formula: a bold metallic liner that can be transformed into a sparkly shadow with one swipe
  • 16 ultra pigmented shades
  • Layer and combine the formula to create unique, show-stopping looks
  • Up to 10 hours wear
  • Smudge-proof, transfer-proof, touch-proof"
Image result for rimmel wonder swipe


I received mine in the color 006 My Bae (fourth from the left), which is very... pink.  I love pink toned eyeshadows, but you've got to be careful!  It is sometimes difficult to walk that line between sunset eyeshadow look and child who broke into their mom's makeup.  Using this as a standalone eyeliner almost takes it a step further to, my child stole used my makeup and the gave me pink eye.
Sorry, extended metaphor, moving on.
It is like a paintbrush style applicator, but it is hard like a silicone tip instead of brush hairs.  It makes application fairly clean and easy for eyeliner, but not as much so for shadow.  You also have to be sure not to get too much product on the applicator at one time or it will be everywhere!
This is like Barbie sparkly pink.  It is just a bit too much for an eyeliner on its own!  It isn't bright enough to stand out as a bold choice,  but definitely isn't subtle enough to be everyday. If used as a color pop over a black winged liner it is pretty, but otherwise I don't see myself getting a lot of use out of this.


Once again, from their website the Wow Wings Mascara's claim's are:

"Instant WOW volume & flared out corner lashes for a perfect winged out look!
  • Unique 2-sided brush: Load up with the winged side, flare out with the curved side
  • Instant bold, volumized lashes - up to 11 times the volume
  • Lifts and flares out each of your lashes
  • Long lasting, smudge-proof, flake-proof, easy to remove
  • Dermatologist & ophthalmologist tested"
Image result for rimmel wow wings

This product I was significantly more impressed with!  I had tried Rimmel Mascara in the past, and to say it was a flop was an understatement... In ten minutes it was smudged and flaked so badly that it was unwearable.  This product however, is slowly making its way into my regular rotation.  It is dark, has a nice effect on my lashes, and doesn't smudge!  By the end of the day I have noticed a few flakes, but nothing horrible.  
The brush on this is a bit odd... As it says in the description, it is two sided, but I can't exactly figure out which side to use or how it is intended to be used.  But that could very well be user error.

Overall, both of these products were very nice!  I preferred the mascara to the eyeliner, but I can see liking the eyeliner better if it was a different color.  However, you can create a nice going out eye look using them!

I did receive these products free from Influenster, but all opinions are honest and my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar: February

The February box is my last one from the three month subscription I received for Christmas, and though that is very sad, we went out with a bang!  I loved every single item in this box, which is an amazing feeling, and I have been so excited about using them all! First of all, can we notice how much cuter than normal this is?  Look at all of the crinkly stuff! This candy bar from Chuao Chocolatier is literally heaven in your mouth... It says it is a Cinnamon Cereal Smooch Chocolate Bar, so, Cinnamon Toast Crunch?  My favorite cereal??  I approve.  The retail on this says $6, but I saw this brand at Biltmore going for around $8, which seems a bit steep for chocolate to me... But I guess we are talking about fancy chocolate here! This is the Tribe Alive Foldover Clutch in the pattern Atitlán Brocade.  It is reversible, so if you fold it the opposite direction you basically have a brand new clutch, and it is gorgeous either way.  It is hand...

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

January Nibblr Subscription Box

So after searching around on  My Subscription Addiction  for a subscription box to try out for free or on the cheap to see if I liked it, I found this Nibblr box from the Pillsbury company! Upon opening my box, I found a tray of four, healthy, portion controlled snacks. Each month they send you four snacks at random, until you begin to personalize your account.  You can personalize your account by selecting "Love it, Like it, Interested, or No Thanks".  All snacks begin marked "Interested", and after trying them you may mark them otherwise.  They will then try to send snacks marked "Love it" and "Like it" more often, and avoid sending the ones marked "No Thanks". The first snack on my try was "PB Graham" It is described as "peanuts, peanut wafers, and graham cookies snack mix", and falls into the "Feel Good Sweets" category. Just a note, Nibblr CAN NOT cater to food allergies, and from wha...