Skip to main content

Apartment Tour + Fall Decor!

It's coming a bit late, because by this point I have Christmas decor up, but why not?  It isn't December yet, and I loved my fall decor and wanted to show it off!

Entrance and "Dining Room"
We did our best to section off the living room/dining room/kitchen area so it had a house feel that trashy college apartment.  We also tried to add all the things we could to make it feel more bright and homey since only one piece of furniture in here is actually ours!  The rest was provided for us.
So for the dining are my roommate who replaced her desk chair with a comfy version brought out her chair so we could have 5 seats.  We then added cute placemats which stay out year round
For fall decor I added the glittery leaf centerpiece and a few candles, as well as the wine bottles!

I painted these, and though they aren't my best I still liked them!  I used twine on the top, stickers from Target around the sides, and painters tape to make the letters, and then filled it in with grey.

"Living Room"
So this is the one piece of furniture we own in this room!  My mom and I bought the chair super cheap and I added the ribbon on the arms.  We then put the side table beside it to create a little "seating area" kind of vibe.

And this is the rest of the room!  You may recognize that circle blanket from my beach pictures...

And here is the TV!  The place came with an old school box TV entertainment center, so we turned it on its side to fit our TV and I've just been decorating the inside!

Inside I added a couple more painted wine bottles, as well as some leaves, pine cones, and various other fall decor elements that I probably found either in the Target dollar section, Dollar Tree, or at Michael's!  I also painted that pumpkin on top!

And this is my centerpiece for the coffee table, which I am super proud of.  Not even my Christmas one lives up to this.

Kitchen
Our poor little kitchen...  It is nice as far as apartment kitchens go, but when all four of us are in here trying to do different things it begins to feel a bit tiny.  On the bright side, we have a brand new fridge and a ton of cabinet space!
Also, the door in the back leads to our in room washing machine, which is just amazing.

Here is our stove and oven area.  That cutting board is from Cracker Barrel and I have coasters to match!

This sign was just too perfect not to get. I love it!!

Also, this isn't fall decor, but isn't this the cutest little arrangement?

And here... Is one of my favorite items in the whole world.  It is my baby, my prized possession, and I am very selfish with it.  My Kitchen Aid Mixer... I might be a pit dramatic, but come on, look at this!

And here is the picture grouping above my sink!  Aren't they adorable?  I love my kitchen.
But, I did elect to skip showing you the actual sink, because it may or may not be full of dishes all the time.  I'm just being real here!  We also were provided a microwave and dishwasher, which I looooove.  I hate washing dishes...

Hall Leading to My Side!
The apartment has two bedrooms on each side,  this hall leads to my room, my roommates room, and the bathroom.  It is the same set up on the other side, except the hall closet and water heater closet are also over there.

Bathroom
Here is my sink and counter area.  I was so thankful for this much space!!  

Look at these adorable signs?

I got this shelf because I didn't realize how much storage space were going to have, so it ended up just being a decorative area.

More cute little signs!

And here is the shower!

My Room
Isn't it adorable?  I honestly love it.

Here is my dresser and bookshelf area.  The bookshelf is the only other piece of furniture in the apartment that I actually own.  On the wall above are my Mickey ears and a couple of Disney prints.
The door to the right leads into my closet, which is honestly so much bigger than expected!  I definitely filled it up though! 

I keep my perfume and jewelry on top  of my dresser!

And then the top of my bookshelf is mostly just decor.  On the top shelf are my personal books and a box with lotion and things, the middle shelf has cookbooks and a basket with my electronic, and then the bottom is textbooks and a bin with craft supplies.

This... This is my favorite part.  My Gallery Wall.  I worked on putting together and arranging this for MONTHS before move in!  It is a mix of found/handmade items like the A, mirrors, and Family canvas, and then things bought specifically for this, like the big arrow canvas (Kirklands), the metal arrows (Cracker Barrel), and the light pink canvas (Hobby Lobby).  I love every element in it and I really think this epitomizes my personality in every piece.  It has Disney, Appalachian, pictures, and pink!
I also really love my color scheme this year, which is kind of dictated by this wall and my bedspread.  The majority of my room is blush pink, gold, and grey, though I did still include some of the yellow from last year.

Here is my bedside table and window.

And here is my desk!  This is a busy area, but I love all of my things here.
In the middle I have a picture line with birds.  Below that I have my globe lights, which are there solely because I can barely see in this corner, and then I have my blackboard below that!

On the right side of my desk I have my beloved picture lines again.

On the left side I have my hats!  This is something I did not have the space to do last year, so it was exciting to finally be able to display them.

On my desk I keep my makeup, just like last year, but this year I have a better way to display my lipsticks!  Much of the rest of the decorations and organization is the same as it was in my dorm.

And that is my apartment tour!  Hopefully if there is time I will post a Christmas decor update as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...