Skip to main content

Apartment Tour + Fall Decor!

It's coming a bit late, because by this point I have Christmas decor up, but why not?  It isn't December yet, and I loved my fall decor and wanted to show it off!

Entrance and "Dining Room"
We did our best to section off the living room/dining room/kitchen area so it had a house feel that trashy college apartment.  We also tried to add all the things we could to make it feel more bright and homey since only one piece of furniture in here is actually ours!  The rest was provided for us.
So for the dining are my roommate who replaced her desk chair with a comfy version brought out her chair so we could have 5 seats.  We then added cute placemats which stay out year round
For fall decor I added the glittery leaf centerpiece and a few candles, as well as the wine bottles!

I painted these, and though they aren't my best I still liked them!  I used twine on the top, stickers from Target around the sides, and painters tape to make the letters, and then filled it in with grey.

"Living Room"
So this is the one piece of furniture we own in this room!  My mom and I bought the chair super cheap and I added the ribbon on the arms.  We then put the side table beside it to create a little "seating area" kind of vibe.

And this is the rest of the room!  You may recognize that circle blanket from my beach pictures...

And here is the TV!  The place came with an old school box TV entertainment center, so we turned it on its side to fit our TV and I've just been decorating the inside!

Inside I added a couple more painted wine bottles, as well as some leaves, pine cones, and various other fall decor elements that I probably found either in the Target dollar section, Dollar Tree, or at Michael's!  I also painted that pumpkin on top!

And this is my centerpiece for the coffee table, which I am super proud of.  Not even my Christmas one lives up to this.

Kitchen
Our poor little kitchen...  It is nice as far as apartment kitchens go, but when all four of us are in here trying to do different things it begins to feel a bit tiny.  On the bright side, we have a brand new fridge and a ton of cabinet space!
Also, the door in the back leads to our in room washing machine, which is just amazing.

Here is our stove and oven area.  That cutting board is from Cracker Barrel and I have coasters to match!

This sign was just too perfect not to get. I love it!!

Also, this isn't fall decor, but isn't this the cutest little arrangement?

And here... Is one of my favorite items in the whole world.  It is my baby, my prized possession, and I am very selfish with it.  My Kitchen Aid Mixer... I might be a pit dramatic, but come on, look at this!

And here is the picture grouping above my sink!  Aren't they adorable?  I love my kitchen.
But, I did elect to skip showing you the actual sink, because it may or may not be full of dishes all the time.  I'm just being real here!  We also were provided a microwave and dishwasher, which I looooove.  I hate washing dishes...

Hall Leading to My Side!
The apartment has two bedrooms on each side,  this hall leads to my room, my roommates room, and the bathroom.  It is the same set up on the other side, except the hall closet and water heater closet are also over there.

Bathroom
Here is my sink and counter area.  I was so thankful for this much space!!  

Look at these adorable signs?

I got this shelf because I didn't realize how much storage space were going to have, so it ended up just being a decorative area.

More cute little signs!

And here is the shower!

My Room
Isn't it adorable?  I honestly love it.

Here is my dresser and bookshelf area.  The bookshelf is the only other piece of furniture in the apartment that I actually own.  On the wall above are my Mickey ears and a couple of Disney prints.
The door to the right leads into my closet, which is honestly so much bigger than expected!  I definitely filled it up though! 

I keep my perfume and jewelry on top  of my dresser!

And then the top of my bookshelf is mostly just decor.  On the top shelf are my personal books and a box with lotion and things, the middle shelf has cookbooks and a basket with my electronic, and then the bottom is textbooks and a bin with craft supplies.

This... This is my favorite part.  My Gallery Wall.  I worked on putting together and arranging this for MONTHS before move in!  It is a mix of found/handmade items like the A, mirrors, and Family canvas, and then things bought specifically for this, like the big arrow canvas (Kirklands), the metal arrows (Cracker Barrel), and the light pink canvas (Hobby Lobby).  I love every element in it and I really think this epitomizes my personality in every piece.  It has Disney, Appalachian, pictures, and pink!
I also really love my color scheme this year, which is kind of dictated by this wall and my bedspread.  The majority of my room is blush pink, gold, and grey, though I did still include some of the yellow from last year.

Here is my bedside table and window.

And here is my desk!  This is a busy area, but I love all of my things here.
In the middle I have a picture line with birds.  Below that I have my globe lights, which are there solely because I can barely see in this corner, and then I have my blackboard below that!

On the right side of my desk I have my beloved picture lines again.

On the left side I have my hats!  This is something I did not have the space to do last year, so it was exciting to finally be able to display them.

On my desk I keep my makeup, just like last year, but this year I have a better way to display my lipsticks!  Much of the rest of the decorations and organization is the same as it was in my dorm.

And that is my apartment tour!  Hopefully if there is time I will post a Christmas decor update as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I wouldn&

Three Ways to Christmas Shop on the Cheap

Christmas shopping is something a lot of us tend to put off until the last second, and then are scrambling the week before Christmas to buy things just because you feel like you have to.  You end up buying something, at exorbitant obnoxious prices, that you know the person you are buying for won’t even like! I came up with a few ways you can get awesome presents, not have to kill yourself trying to get them at the last minute, and not break the bank... My first suggestion, is to shop in advance!  I know, this seems super simple, but you wouldn't believe the difference it makes to start a couple months in advance, and just buy things you know the person would like as you see them.  This year, I stopped in an antique shop on my way to work one day, just to look around.  I ended up leaving with this gorgeous bowl, mug, and tea set with I am planning to give to family members, and because the place was about to close down, I got them for half off the original price! Tha