Skip to main content

Christmas (and then Some...)

Sometimes posts like this can come off as bragging, but I would like to say up front that that isn't why I am doing this at all!  I like seeing what others get for Christmas, so I thought it would be fun thing to put together!  So here is what I got for Christmas, and my Birthday, and bought on Black Friday... and after Christmas.  Yeah, it's a bit excessive, but I am happy!  Also, I got a TON of clothes, but I don't have a good place to take pictures of clothing during the winter, so I'll just leave that out!

Cosmetics


Savannah Bee Gift Set - This set came with Royal Jelly Body Butter in Chamomile and Myrrh, Tupelo Honey chapstick, and Salted Caramel chapstick.  This was a Christmas present from my best friend which she said she got at Target on Black Friday.  The chapsticks honestly taste amazing...
Tart Gift Set - This came with a Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush, a Pure Lippie Lingerie Matte Tint Crayon, and the Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara.  I bought this on Black Friday, and I have loved it every minute since.  The lip crayon is the perfect "grown up" nude shade, and the blush is subtle but very pretty.  I like it!
Fresh Birthday Gift - This was Sephora's birthday gift to their Rewards members this year.  It came with a Soy Face Cleanser and Rose Face Mask.  You don't have to pay anything to get these, just go in and pick them up!  They had two choices this year, one of which was a Marc Jacobs makeup set.  I actually wanted that one but they were out, so here we are!
Show Your Style Hair Set - This came with five "travel sized" products to try out.  It had the Matrix Biolage dry shampoo, DevaCurl It's That Good Super Cream, Rusk Elixer Mist, Crack Styling Creme, and Color WowOne Minute Transformation Styling Cream.  I bought this on sale and with my Birthday coupon, and it came out to less than $5, which I think is worth it!
#FabHaves Drugstore Makeup Set - This set came with L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Setting Spray, Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara, Soap and Glory Pillow Plump Lipgloss in Pinkwell, Essence Make Me Brow, Almay Makeup Remover Pads, and NYX Cosmetics Pore Filler.  I bought this at the same time as the aforementioned hair set and it came out to $12.  The NX product is $14 on it's own, so I'd say I did pretty great here!


Professional Hair Sampler Kit - This was a Black Friday special with ten travel sized hair products that my friend and I split in half.  I chose to keep the Matrix Color Obsessed shampoo and conditioner, Obliphic fine to medium Hair Serum, Joico Color Therapy Creme, and AG Sea Salt Spray.  I have been using the hair serum like crazy already and it has worked a literal miracle on my fried bangs.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow - This was Ulta's gift to their Rewards members this year!  I got to choose my shade, so I picked Sideline and I am obsessed.  It it a beautifully shimmery (but not glittery) gold with nice blue green reflectors.
Orley Nail Polish - I picked this up on sale in Target one day in the color Art Walks.  I have heard great things about Orley so I thought it would be fun to give it a shot for a good price.
Urban Decay Primer Potion - This was an amazing find... Ulta had the original Primer Potion on sale on Black Friday for $8!  I was so shocked, and SO excited!
Sephora Formula X Nail Polish Set - I found this set on sale at TJ-Maxx for less than $3.  It came with the shades (from left to right) Wham!, Chaotic, and Celestial.


Bath and Body Works - Like I needed anymore Bath and Body Works... Still love it though!  My boyfriend gave me the Warm Vanilla Sugar Set with perfume and body wash for my birthday, as well as a Beautiful Day Hand cream.  Later, I bought the Gingerbread Latte Lotion and California Citrus Sunshine Foaming Hand Soap at their After Christmas Sale.


NYX Wonderlust Palette in Madrid - This was a gift from my Grandmother for Christmas (which I picked out).  It came with eight eyeshadows, six of which are matte and two are shimmer.  It also came with a Soft Matte Lip Creme in Madrid.  I love their lip creams because they smell like frosting... I had higher expectations for the eyeshadow honestly, it isn't very pigmented.


Clinique Set - This was a gift from my Aunt and it came in the cutest makeup bag!  Inside there was Take the Day Off Makeup Remover, Blush and Eyeshadow Duo compact, High Impact Mascara, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, Lipstick in Sugar Plum Pop, and a baby Happy Perfume.  I've never used Clinique before, so I'm pretty excited!


Ornaments



Glass Ball Set - I bought this for half off at Target for $5.  I thought they were very different and will be pretty on my tree one day.
Homemade Ornaments - The candles and the boots were handmade by my Aunt Bea, who was my favorite person when I was little.  She passed away years ago, but my grandmother gave these to me for my Birthday.   These are so special and I am so happy to have them!
Lenox Mercury Glass Light-up Ornament - I received this from a Christmas Ornament Dirty Christmas exchange!  I had my really pretty blown glass ornaments stolen from me, but I liked this one too!
Ginger Cottage Windmill - If you remember I received one of these last Christmas, and then I've bought one since then.  I am absolutely crazy over them!  So when we went to Biltmore for my Birthday this year my dad bought me a new one!


Collage Ornament - This is a little picture collage ornament my best friend made for me for Christmas.  We have had each other since we were babies, so pictures span from dolls to Brad Paisley concerts!
Bronze Metal Stars - I bought these for myself from the Target after Christmas Sale.  Nothing crazy special, just super cute!
Snowflake Cookie Ornament - This actually came from Bath and Body Works!  They were having their Semi-annual sale and then I had a $10 off of $30 coupon, so I only paid about a $1!


Cooking and Baking


Princess Cupcake Book - This was a birthday present from my neighbors.  It is the cutest cookbook with cupcakes themed to Disney princesses and movies.
Cupcake Stand Carousel - This was a Christmas present from my cousin.  You may remember last year that I received a cupcake stand that was a ferris wheel, and this year I got a carousel!  she said she is trying to build me an entire carnival.
Cutting Board - My Papa made each of the women in our family cutting boards for Christmas this year.  It is such a sweet and special present to get from him!
Water Bottle - This was a piece of my Dirty Christmas present from another party.  I threw this one in here mostly to mention that I also got a Krispy Kreme gift card!


"Mug Cake Box" - This was a Christmas present from my little brother.  The idea spawned from my Mug Cake mix and presents I'd been giving people for Christmas this year, but he decided to make an entire box out of it!  Inside there was a Mug Cake Cookbook, Oven Mitts and Kitchen Towels, a Whisk, Spatulas, Cake Mix, Frosting, Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Pioneer Woman Mugs and a Bowl!  It was the cutest thing, I was so happy to get it from him and I will use all of it!

Books


"Twelve Days of Christmas in North Carolina" by Judy Stead - This is a cute little picture book I bought after Christmas at Barns and Noble.  It is about a little girl who comes to NC and writes home about twelve different distinctive things.  It was adorable, I had to have it for my kids one day!
"Serafina and the Twisted Staff" by Robert Beatty - I wanted to read the first one before we went to Biltmore for my birthday... I finished it in one night and immediately asked for this one for Christmas!  They are wonderful books, even if they are more targeted at kids.
"Disney A to Z" The Official Encyclopedia - I didn't even know they made such a thing as this!  I was looking through this and it has literally everything, down to a dog from a movie in the 80s nobody in my family had even heard of... It's a lot!


Christy and Todd "The Married Years" and "The Baby Years" series by Robin Jones Gunn - When I was younger I read the Christy Miller series, a four volume set about this couple that spanned from when she was 15 though high school.  And then one year for Christmas Mom and Dad surprised me with a volume called The College Years!  I am obsessed with this couple, and was so sad to have their story end.  Come to find out their is a three book set of The Married Years, and she is beginning a set called the Baby Years!  I am thrilled beyond words, I wish every girl could read these.

Decor


Minnie Mouse Wreath Wreath - My best friend made this for me for my Birthday, and I could not be more happy!  This is so me, and it is gorgeous!  I never had her pegged as a crafty person, but I am enjoying the fruits of this new hobby!


Blanket - This is a present from my future mother-in-law.  On my birthday my boyfriend and I left at like 6 in the morning, and he brought me hot chocolate, a pillow, and a blanket like this so I could sleep on the way there.  I LOVED that blanket, it was so soft!  So they bought me one!
Grey Armed Pillow - Like I don't already have enough pillows at home and school... But is was so soft!  I had to have it, so my mom got it for me for Christmas, and I am currently leaned up against it writing this post.


Gold Pumpkin - I bought this for myself at Bath and Body Works during their After Christmas Sale.  It was  originally $30, on sale for around $7, and with coupons and everything I was able to bag it for less that $5!
Jelly Belly Strawberry Shortcake Candle - I love Jelly Bellies and Strawberry Shortcake, put them in candle form?  Yes please!
Picture Line - I love hanging pictures but at this point I'm almost completely out of space in my room at home and dorm room!  This is a cute metal picture line with birds, so I guess I will just have to make room!
Aladdin Picture - This is something I had no idea I would be getting for Christmas, but it is so pretty!  I am going to have to redecorate my room, I'm out of space to put things!
Winnie the Pooh Plaque - This was made for me by my mommy, and I love it so much... My Papa made the plaque for her, her friend helped with the stencil, and then she used a wood burning tool to make it!  It is so perfect.


Accessories


Alex and Ani Bracelets - So one of these is real and one is fake... Can you tell the difference?  Because I couldn't at first!  It was actually a mistake that I ended up with both, but now I have both initials, so I'm not mad about it!


Silver Earrings - These were also from my would be mother-in-law.  They are really pretty, and I'm glad I have someone sweet like her around.
Boot Cuffs - I generally wear boot socks instead of the cuffs, so these will be something new to try!
Booties - I picked these out for myself from TJ-Maxx for Christmas and even though they are a bit big, I am already in love with them. They are real leather, and as far as boots go they are pretty comfortable!  I feel like these will quickly become a staple wardrobe piece.
Vera Bradley Pens - These aren't really an accessory, but my friend got them for me and I love them!  I had mentioned one time that I liked their pens but didn't really want to pay that much for them myself, so she found them for me!
Blanket Scarf - I have a blanket scarf that I try so hard to wear, but it is a rectangle... I just can't do it!  I have already figured out how to wear this one, and I love it!  It is super warm and comfy.  This and the boots are going to be perfect together.

Tickets


Home Free - This is an a capella country group.  It sounds odd I know, but they are the best!  I have all of their CDs and I've looked at buying tickets to see them a few times, but they've always been sold out!  So for Christmas my dad bought the entire family tickets to their concert!


The Lion King - In addition to Home Free, he got us tickets to The Lion King!! We have been to see it twice before and we love it, it is absolutely amazing!  So since it was coming back around again, he decided to get us all tickets!


Brantley Gilbert - Lastly for tickets, my boyfriend bought me Brantley Gilbert tickets!  I am not super familiar with him, so it will be fun to get to know more of his music!


And finally...
I got a three month subscription of Popsugar for Christmas!  I am already in love with it and dreading the end... Stay tuned to see the first box on Wednesday, it was a good one!


I hope you all have a very happy New Year!  Have fun and stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!

Nadine West: Fourth Shipment

So this wasn't the most successful shipment ever, but I still got one nice piece out of it!  And they left me a sweet surprise which I'll tell you about at the end, so I wasn't upset at all! This is actually two items from my shipment!  This outfit contains both the shirt and leggings from this month, and they kind of go together!   Though I really liked the pattern of the leggings, they are much more like tights.  They were totally see through, which made me pretty sad.  If they were marketed as tights then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but these were called Leggings.  They retailed for $14.49, and I didn't keep them. The shirt fit very well and was extremely comfy.  I have been looking for a shirt this color, so I was pretty excited to see it in my bag, even though it is pretty basic.  This shirt also retailed for $14.49, and I did elect to keep it! These are the "Beauty Within" earrings, and I'm actually pretty sure I received

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries