Skip to main content

Let's Talk...

I feel so bad, I have been such a flake with posting recently and the past month is when I should have been really focused on getting out content, because....
My summer classes started this week.
And they are intense.
Like, more so than I expected and I'm only a week in.

Also, I just got my Summer schedule for the daycare I work at, and instead of my normal 9:30-5:30, I was switched to 
6:00-12:30... 
That is a huge difference, I've never gotten up that early in my life!  It is a lot better in some ways because I now have my full days free, but it's a difficult sleep schedule to get used to.  

As a result, I've been spending my mornings at work, and my evenings doing homework, or attempting to have a social life... 
This is my last Summer before college after all, so I want to have fun!  But it just makes things more difficult when I need to be in bed early for work, balance homework, and then there is this blog.

I love having this creative outlet, and I'm not ready to give it up, but at the same time feeling the pressure of having to post of Wednesday and Saturday makes me not want to do it, as you all have seen... 
I'm sorry about that.

So for this Summer, I think I am going to go back to only posting on Saturday, and save up any other posts that I have time to write until I'm in college and even busier!
This isn't exactly a solution I like, because I have tons of ideas I want to get out there!  But actually getting the posts onto "paper," so to speak, is my real issue...
So let's try this for a little while and see how it works!

As for the remainder of the summer?
My classes and job end on July 29th, and we leave for Disney on the 31st!! In between now and then I have some family issues to be taken care of, Bible School to teach, weddings/parties to attend and plan, my brother's birthday, and hopefully a beach trip!  Finally, I will be moving in at Appalachian on August 12th!
So a busy Summer to say the least.
But as a result of this busy-ness, I have some pretty cool post ideas!

I plan to do:
  • Love With Food and Ipsy throwbacks that I've missed, 
  • My new Graze subscription I'm going to start in college, 
  • I have another exciting VoxBox (or two) on the way, 
  • Long overdue empties, 
  • Whats in my Beach Bag, 
  • A seven day college countdown (including packing!), 
  • Hopefully a new Disney packing series, 
  • And, OF COURSE my day by day Disney blogs!
I'm going to work hard and do my best to get these out in a timely manner, but please, hang in there with me!

I love you all, and I can't thank you enough for hanging in there with me, so this is goodbye to Wednesdays for now, but it is no where near goodbye!


Let's Connect!
Sassy Sweets Cupcakes Facebook - www.facebook.com/SassySweetsCupcakeBakery
Personal Instagram - www.instagram.com/bethanyallen15
And if you wouldn't mind to sign up with my referral links... 
Swagbucks - This is a site where you earn points to get rewards, and it really works! If you want an invite you can e-mail me (allenfamilyvacationplans@gmail.com ) or paste this referral link (swagbucks.com/refer/beachbabe15 ) in the box when you sign up!
Influenster - This is a site where you sync up all of your social media accounts and they will send you products to review based on your interests: www.influenster.com/refferal 
Groupon - A shopping website where everything is super cheap! www.groupon.com/visitor_referral
ipsy - A $10 monthly subscription service where you receive makeup tailored to your personal interests www.ipsy.com/invite 
Love With Food - A $9.99 monthly food subscription box, use this link to get $5 off your first box! lovewithfood.com/invite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake So I made this recipe for my dad's Birthday and everyone absolutely loved it! Thought you might want to try it, Good Luck! :) Ingredients Oreo Cookie Crust Ingredients: 1 cup finely-crumbled Oreo cookies 2 Tbsp. melted butter Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients: 16 oz. (2 bricks) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 2 eggs, room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup dark chocolate chips 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (or more) Topping: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Method To Make The Oreo Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the finely-crumbled Oreo cookies and melted butter until blended. Press the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan (or other baking pan) in your desired thickness, press until flat, then bake for 5 ...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...

DIY Beach Spray

 I always wanted the Beach Spray for your hair that gives you the just came off of the beach wavy look, but there so dang expensive! So this is a recipe you can use to make your own!  Things You'll Need Plastic spray bottle 1 tsp. sea salt 8 oz. water 1/2 - 1 tsp. coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner Lemon Juice 3 drops essential oil (optional) Instructions Pour water into the plastic spray bottle. Add sea salt, NOT table salt. The more salt you add, the more "crunchy," textured and beach like your hair will feel. Add moisturizer to combat the drying factor of the salt. Use coconut oil, olive oil or light conditioner. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon because it can weigh down your hair. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your mixture if you plan on being out in the sun at all. Cute hair and highlights, Score! :) Add essential oil for fragrance and additional benefits. Choose your favorit...