Skip to main content

Country Concert Lookbook

Early this fall I will be going to a Brad Paisley AND an Avett Brothers concert!  So when I found out King Ranch Saddle Shop was looking for inspiration when it comes to country style I had to share my ideas!  It is the dog days of summer, with hot days and cool nights here in the mountains, so I tried to create looks to fit all weather and styles!


Sassy
 For the budding flower child who needs to show a bit of a wilder side and have fun for the night!   This is a crop top and basic jean shorts, which could be subbed for light wash ripped skinnies if the venue is going to be cooler (which is actually what I wore to a Flogging Molly concert last fall!).
Crop Top: American Eagle
Shorts: Hollister
Flower Crown: Claire's


Sweet
 This is for the sweet girly girl who still want to show their country side.  It is a simple white lace top dress, to which I have added a red flannel for those cool Summer nights.  The flannel could be tied around your waist during the day, or substituted for a denim vest if you don't think it will be too chilly!
Dress: American Eagle

Flannel: Rue 21


Country
When better to go all out country than a Brad Paisley concert??  When else would it be appropriate to wear daisy overalls and boots?  To tone down the country look just a bit I added an off the shoulder shirt, which draws the eye up.
Overalls: Walmart believe it or not!
Shirt: American Eagle


Boots
The only thing I didn't mention throughout the post is the most essential part of your country concer get up... The boots!  Mine are from an obscure discount store in Pigeon Forge Tennessee, and though I have gotten a good five years out of them, truthfully they are beginning to look a little rough...  I am really lusting after some of the cowgirl boots from the King Ranch Saddle Shop website.  Cute and well made, those are your goals when buying boots!  
And don't worry guys, they have some cowboy boots for you as well that would look amazing paired with a flannel, jeans and a white tee shirt!

See the writing on the bottom of my boots?  I may have stolen this idea from Pinterest... It is a list of concerts the boots have been worn to, like a walking ticket stub!  But on the picture they had they only listed the country concerts they'd been to, and I chose to add the Folk and Irish as well!  I also went ahead and added my Brad Paisley and Avett Brothers concert coming up this Fall so you all could get a good idea of what this DIY looks like.  I thought this was a pretty cool idea and love that I can just use the bottom of my boot as a reference!

Let me know if you all have any concerts coming up or if you use any of theses ideas, and have a wonderful end of summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Jewels: Shipment One

So I decided to try a new Subscription Box... Remember when that was all I did??  I'm sure most of you have heard of the company Fragrant Jewels.  They create candles, bath bombs, and other fun products, all with rings hidden inside! The first box I received was a present for a friend, and I liked hers so much I decided to try it out as well!  I really wanted a candle though, and sadly this box didn't contain one.  But regardless, this is the Sweet Retreat collection.  The scent is described as "Cool Marine Breeze, Fresh Lavender, and Soothing Chamomile."  It is a bit to floral and fragrant to be especially soothing, but it is very nice and bright for spring. The first item in the box were mini bath bombs.  I actually prefer this size of bath bombs to the big ones!  I was, however, afraid that since they were mini that this product wouldn't come with a ring, which kind of defeats the purpose of Fragrant "Jewels" doesn't it?  But no worries

Best Beach Ever!

So... I am debating on if I should even share this with you because it is so amazing! This is the most absolutely amazing beach I have ever been to in my life! It is Emerald Isle NC it is perfect!  So in my mind it is so perfect because: It is on the beautiful coast of North Carolina (which is where I live, and where I love!) It's name is Emerald ISLE so its on a cute little island (Duh!), at some places o the island you can see the Bogue Sound (yes this is a body of water, and yes this is a real place) and the Atlantic Ocean on the other It is a quite little town so everyone if friendly, and the beaches are never crowded There is a nice little aquarium just up the island a bit The is a little shopping center called Emerald Plantations that includes a movie theater , restaurants, shops, and a river where you can feed Sea Turtles (this is especially fun because there's one that is bigger than my six year old brother! It lives at the bottom and only comes up occasiona

Emerald Isle Pics

I have been asked to post some more of my personal pictures of Emerald Isle since the last post I made, I actually haven't had the opportunity to go back since I got my new camera (and laptop) so I don't have any current pictures. I do happen to have some pictures of the beach (it was early spring and early in the morning, so they are kind of bland) that we went to on a school trip that is just a short distance up the island.  I hope you like them!! :) I PROMISE I will post some more (better ones) as soon as I can!