Skip to main content

How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes

So you could buy the expensive (and pointless) makeup brush cleaner from insanely expensive makeup companies (MAC!), oooooor you can make your own! :)


You will need:
dish soap or Johnson's Baby Shampoo
olive oil
a plate
water 
paper towels or a dish towel 
dirty, dirty, DIRTY makeup brushes
The soap is going to remove the bacteria, grease, and color left on your brushes while the olive oil helps to condition the brush bristles and keep them from drying out.
First, add equal parts of the oil and soap onto a plate. Start with about a teaspoon of each, then add more as you go along, if needed. 

Next, swirl your dirty brush in the mixture. You will see all the leftover makeup start to flush itself out of the brush. 

After you’ve swirled it around for 10 seconds or so, rinse the brush in lukewarm water to get all of the soap out. Continue to rinse until the water runs clear and the brush is no longer soapy.

**Make sure not to get water into the handle of the brush!**
 If you get water in there, the glue that holds the bristles together and onto the handle will loosen and your brushes will not be good brushes anymore!

Finally, once you’ve washed off all of your brushes, gently reshape them and lay them on an incline (with the bristles pointing down) to dry. Let them dry overnight before you use them again.
And thats it! Your done! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fab Ab February

So I have been big into working out lately, because who doesn't want to look their very best when vacation time comes! I found this workout calendar on Pinterest so I'm not able to give you the link to the exact website but I thought if you liked it enough you could copy, or print it out. I have been looking for the rest of the months that go with this but so far this is the only one I've found. I am doing it myself and so far its working pretty well, I would love for you to do this with me, just comment below and tell me any of your thoughts about it . Enjoy!! :)

To Do Before Going Down To The Beach

So you are going down to the beach tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do before you go down? So yea I know this seems kind of like a common sense post, but you wouldn't believe how many people skip simple things before going down to the beach, things that can make the whole experience soooo much better! Well the very first thing to do would be to pack your beach bag but i've already made a MUCH more detailed post on that and you can see that at  summertimesweety.blogspot.com/beach-bags 1. So the first thing, picking your bathing suit and cover up There are some bathing suits that look better on some body types than others and even though I plan to have that post up in the future...I don't right now. As for cover ups, I recommend them so you will be able to put something back on if you get to much sun. When I wear a bathing suit I usually wear board shorts over the bottoms anyway, then I put on a cute little dress or cami. Well I really hope that I would...

Natural Hair Highlightes

I am in love with the way that highlights look on your hair, but I'm not so crazy about how much they cost. I found that these will lighten your hair and give you a summertime look for not even half the price. Just apply on your hair before laying in the sun or going out for a day at the beach and come home looking like a blond and bronzed beach goddess! Lemon This is by far the best known of the natural hair highlighters. Mix 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 3/4 cup of water in spray bottle. Spray the lemon water onto your hair until damp, do not soak your scalp or spray on skin, it could cause blistering. Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 hours, and spend at least 30 minutes of that time in the sun. Condition your hair before and after you use the lemon juice because it can dry your hair.   Olive Oil You may know that olive oil is a wonderful hair conditioner but many people don't realize it can be used as a natural hair lightener too. Comb a gen...